PDA

View Full Version : Steam: Mount & Blade series 75% off.

Krauter
06-09-12, 08:58 PM
Seems pretty decent. No game is over 5$ if I'm not mistaken. and it's 8.74 for the whole thing.

mookiemookie
06-09-12, 11:12 PM
Warband is the only one you need.

Raptor1
06-09-12, 11:19 PM

I disagree. There are still quite a few mods for the original game, if you want to play those, and WFaS is, even if it doesn't have quite as many features as Warband, extremely enjoyable in its own right. Since Warband by itself is $5, getting the whole series, including even the Napoleonic DLC for Warband, for a bit more seems to me like the best option.

CaptainHaplo
06-09-12, 11:32 PM
I agree with Mookie - Warband is the best of the lot.

Granted - I havent tried the napolean mod. But F&S? Really? I just could NOT get into that game at all! The number of times I get hit by a random bullet to the head just takes the fun out of it.

Raptor1
06-09-12, 11:40 PM
I agree with Mookie - Warband is the best of the lot.

Granted - I havent tried the napolean mod. But F&S? Really? I just could NOT get into that game at all! The number of times I get hit by a random bullet to the head just takes the fun out of it.

I have been killed far more times (on average) by a random arrow in Warband than I have by a random bullet in WFaS...

Krauter
06-10-12, 06:08 PM
Apart from guns, does WFaS have anything over Warband? What's so good about Warband?

Sorry, just wondering since I've only got the first M&B

Takeda Shingen
06-10-12, 06:33 PM

This.

Raptor1
06-10-12, 06:45 PM
Apart from guns, does WFaS have anything over Warband? What's so good about Warband?

Sorry, just wondering since I've only got the first M&B

Warband itself has multiplayer, a whole bunch of new features compared to M&B, as well as much better graphics and various other changes. There's also, of course, tons of mods for it, which is one of the best things about M&B. It is definitely worth getting, and if you must get only one of the games you should probably get it.

As for WFaS, most of the difference is in the setting, map, equipment and things like that. There's some features which are different from Warband, like recruitment, and some new stuff like a storyline in the campaign (Which I haven't bothered with yet) and a few new MP game modes. Though there's also quite a few features missing from it that Warband has. I could be biased because I'm more interested in the Renaissance than in the Medieval era, but in my opinion WFaS is worth it by itself, even if it's not inherently 'better' than Warband in terms of features.

Oberon
06-10-12, 08:55 PM
I have been killed far more times (on average) by a random arrow in Warband than I have by a random bullet in WFaS...

I generally get killed by a sword to the face more times in both than any kind of projectile weaponry.

This may have something to do with leading charges on horseback.... :hmmm:

HunterICX
06-11-12, 05:02 AM
This may have something to do with leading charges on horseback.... :hmmm:

Watched too much Waterloo haven't you :O:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u7ppz0f8rUY#t=189s

HunterICX

Dowly
06-11-12, 08:59 AM
Both WB and WFaS are imho worth buying. WB is better overall, but WFaS is
great too. :yep:

Oberon