View Full Version : New to SH5

Katana1000S
06-08-12, 04:29 PM
Hi all,

Been playing SH III again a lot recently and wondered about SH5, quick research on the net shows its a better more mature product than its release with a patch or two and I saw it new on Amazon for £4 delivered ... cant go wrong I thought so ordered it.

Heard its lost the annoying DRM too?

Couple of questions, does it come with a paper manual, even one like the basic one in SHIII I'd find helpful.

Obviously I'll add any official patch's once it arrives ... but

Does it have an academy tutorial like SH III, if so would it be best to play the lessons without mods and adding mods later when they are finished or mod from the outset?

Is their a list of essential mods here?

Thanks.

Sailor Steve
06-08-12, 06:07 PM
WELCOME ABOARD! :sunny:

Heard its lost the annoying DRM too?
A long time ago.

Couple of questions, does it come with a paper manual, even one like the basic one in SHIII I'd find helpful.
No, but there is a PDF file in the game folder that you can read or print out. The truth is that Subsim.com is the best manual you could hope for. Hundreds of members who will be glad to answer any questions and help with any problems.

Obviously I'll add any official patch's once it arrives...
You won't have to. It does it automatically the first time you run the game.

Does it have an academy tutorial like SH III, if so would it be best to play the lessons without mods and adding mods later when they are finished or mod from the outset?
After a fashion. It has a first mission in which you are the 1WO and the captain guides you through everything. I would run that mission before adding anything.

Is their a list of essential mods here?
Oh yes. Check out the SH5 Mods forum.

Katana1000S
06-08-12, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome and advise :yeah:

Been enjoying SH III this past two weeks and hope to enjoy SH V next week once it arrives too.

Cheers.

takarag13
06-22-12, 11:42 AM
hi guys someone tell me please where is the mod that you see the officers bar?htanks:03:

volodya61
06-22-12, 11:56 AM
hi guys someone tell me please where is the mod that you see the officers bar?htanks:03:

Here is - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093