PDA

View Full Version : Mayday Mayday!!

Joe Bob
05-25-12, 02:40 PM
I just got depth charged and escaped but part of the damage was the aft Dive planes transmission at 100%. I can dive just fine but it does not answer to rudder commands even though the Rudder transmission is not showing damage. The end result is I am sailing on a steady course and am unable to head to port to get repairs or make any course change for that matter. Any suggestions?

Hylander_1314
05-25-12, 03:57 PM
There is a mod in the SH4 Mod Forum, by Traveler, that allows damage like that to be jury-rigged until you get back to base.

You might wanna try it out.

Joe Bob
05-25-12, 05:08 PM
So all is lost without this mod?
I looked but don't see the mod off hand.
I don't think the old timers realize what a maze of acronyms and versions
SH4 mods have become for the newcomer!:)

Hylander_1314
05-25-12, 05:26 PM
Should be fairly new. Was released in the last week or so.

Hylander_1314
05-25-12, 05:33 PM
Well, ............ it was here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=194234

Looks like Traveller pulled it.

You might want to PM him about his mod, as he might still have it, or he's revamping it.

Joe Bob
05-25-12, 06:02 PM
Thanks Hylander, I'll do that

Ruff EL
05-25-12, 07:33 PM
if you have TMO it is a good idea to have the crew member with the green wrench icon...he is able to fix components that are considered destroyed (100%)

Hylander_1314
05-25-12, 09:16 PM
if you have TMO it is a good idea to have the crew member with the green wrench icon...he is able to fix components that are considered destroyed (100%)

Unless it's torpedo tubes. Mine got destroyed by DCs after I attacked a big Japanese TF off the west coast of Luzon, and had to go all the way back to Fremantle with the aft tubes loaded, but no way to fire them, even though it only showed 3 of them severely damaged, the last good tube, wouldn't fire either. And I had only fired off one fish from the aft tubes.