PDA

View Full Version : Oh rats.

the.terrabyte.pirate
05-21-12, 09:59 AM
Just over 6 months ago I put my campaign on hold after my daughter was born. No time to chase the tommies when there's nappies to change.

Now I go back, and find that somehow my game is corrupted, and every time I load the game it crashes.

Do you think the game is jealous and being difficult?

Herr-Berbunch
05-21-12, 10:13 AM
No, it's telling you that even after 6 months you shouldn't be playing. The older they get the more watching they need. :O:

Kids, that is, not games.

And congrats if it's not been said in a thread already.

Jimbuna
05-21-12, 10:19 AM
The chances are whatever activity you have performed over the previous six months may have changed a registry file....I'd perform a reinstallation and hang onto your SH3 folder, it may work.

Congrats on the birth.

http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/0002028C.gif

Tinman764
05-21-12, 11:51 AM
I had the same problem - I left SH3 totally alone for about 3 months, I swear I didn't do anything to affect it and yet it still refused to load my previous saves. :damn:

Sailor Steve
05-21-12, 11:54 AM
No.

I don't think.

But that's another story. On the other other hand I restart campaigns so often it would make your head spin. This of course means I can't help at all.

Enjoy the babe while you can. They are precious, and even more so after they're grown and gone. :sunny:

the.terrabyte.pirate
05-22-12, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the best wishes.

I'll try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game and GWX. All of the mods were enabled with JGME, so they should be fairly simple to re-apply once installed.

I hope I kept my GWX files somewhere...

Jimbuna
05-23-12, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the best wishes.

I'll try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game and GWX. All of the mods were enabled with JGME, so they should be fairly simple to re-apply once installed.

I hope I kept my GWX files somewhere...

If you've lost the GWX base files for installation they are always available from the link above my sig.