PDA

View Full Version : Bdu transfer to La Spezia

jimmyjam25
05-15-12, 01:45 AM
I was stationed at St Nazaire and on my 8th patrol when I got a message from Bdu saying to head to La Spezia to join that flotilla... Well I managed to get past Gibraltar and all the way to La Spezia but when I got there and started a new patrol from there it says my orders are to return to St Nazaire after the patrol... And I couldn't access my medals or anything like that when in La Spezia... What went wrong? Was I meant to do something else to transfer properly? Or should I just return to St Nazaire? Im confused...:06:

jimmyjam25
05-15-12, 02:20 AM
Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

benitorios
05-15-12, 03:10 AM
hi jimmyjam,

I think the message you got was an immersion-only message. I used to get a similar one at the very onset of the war, asking me to re-base at Kiel (I was originally based in Willemshaven), only to find out that the next patrol's orders were to re-base back to WH.

I think the "real" re-base orders read something like:

"Base has been changed to XXX"

If you get one of these, that really means the base has been moved and you need to dock there at the end of your patrol.

Hope this helps!

Boompus
05-15-12, 04:32 AM
My base once was "Changed to Brest" mid patrol ... (I was based in Kiel)
I went back to Kiel ang got renown, medals etc.. My next patrolorder was "Patrol grid NILL". Start base Kiel, end base Brest. Just bring the Iron Coffin to the new base. In one piece if possible :DL

RConch
05-15-12, 06:29 AM
Speaking of those immersion messages-I love the ones where my U boat number at another location is having a better patrol than I am with the actual U boat.:-?

jimmyjam25
05-15-12, 08:12 AM
Darn it! I should have gone back to St Nazaire when i got that message... :wah: now i have to get out of the med :woot:

Boompus
05-15-12, 08:43 AM
Darn it! I should have gone back to St Nazaire when i got that message... :wah: now i have to get out of the med :woot:

I know there's a railway station in La Spezia :cry: :DL

jimmyjam25
05-15-12, 08:23 PM
Haha.. very funny :wah:

Gargamel
05-15-12, 08:49 PM

Id just request the transfer and stay there.

jimmyjam25
05-15-12, 11:29 PM
I wanted to try that but I couldn't use the phone there lol. Like when you dock at a resupply boat... I just went back in time and deleted my La Spezia mission haha... Didn't want to get stuck in the med.

Boompus
05-16-12, 05:02 AM
I wanted to try that but I couldn't use the phone there lol. Like when you dock at a resupply boat... I just went back in time and deleted my La Spezia mission haha... Didn't want to get stuck in the med.

Nothing wrong with the 29th flt campaigns in the Med. Nice weather, calm sea and and a good place for crash dives :D

jimmyjam25
05-16-12, 07:43 PM
Hmm. I will have to give it a go sometime. So much to do in this awesome game! :yeah: