PDA

View Full Version : Black Sea Campain Issue

MFP
05-10-12, 02:31 AM
Having an older pc I recently loaded the Black Sea Campain which did speed up the loading time as suggested in the GWX manual - great.
But, at the end of the first mission, after returning to base and reloading torp's etc, I went to start my next mission and I got the message "base changed to Brest" - which is outside of the campain. I would like to remain in the Black Sea region for the rest of the campain. Any ideas, guys? :arrgh!:

bigboywooly
05-10-12, 08:22 AM
Odd as ingame the flotilla moves to Flensburg IIRC when Romania is about to be over run.
What date is it ingame ? and what other mods do you have enabled.

MFP
05-11-12, 02:14 AM
Odd as ingame the flotilla moves to Flensburg IIRC when Romania is about to be over run.

Thanks for picking this up. I will take a look over the weekend and get back to you, BBW. :salute:

MFP
05-11-12, 11:44 AM
The in game date on return to base is 10th October 1942 and due to leave on 16th October 1942 (this is when base is changed to Brest).

My mod's are:
GWX Black sea campaign
GWX no medals on crew
GWX 16k atmos’
DD Visible Mines
Capt. Teach’s color icons
Seawolf map tools
Seawolf U57 mod in any way
Thompson’s sound pack V3.2
Bino compass mod
Red U marker

I also tried to start a new campaign by removing the Black sea missions and applying the Indian Ocean mod' but when I went to select the flotilla it was not showing in the start up map (either 10 or 30 I cannot remember which was for which campaign). I hope this gives you enough information. If not, I will revert to the merged campaign because that worked fine with the mod's except for the exceptionally long loading time.

Many thanks for your time, BBW.

bigboywooly
05-17-12, 12:47 PM
Nothing in that loadout look as if would cause you an error

Have sent you a PM

Do you use SH3Commander ?

MFP
05-18-12, 02:21 AM
Yes I did send a PM (was that OK?) and I will do as you ask regarding the Flotilla cfg file.
Secondly, yes I am using the SH3 Commander to start the games and I used to do manual rollbacks. At first I was not sure quite what the function was but when I realised I set it to auto on exiting (after the issue that I mentioned). I also forgot to add that I have the "no disc" mod too.

I will mail the Flottila cfg file over the weekend.

Many thanks BBW

MFP
05-21-12, 02:52 AM
Sorry, BBW, I am having trouble getting to my Subsim e-mail account. :damn: I will send the cfg file as soon as I can get to your email address.

MFP

bigboywooly
05-21-12, 09:34 AM
Got your email
Quick look and something deffo wrong as 30th flotilla not even on the cfg nor Penang etc.
Will look further on comp with SH3 installed a lil later

EDIT

Odd that - stock Flotilla cfg so no wonder you couldnt pick the other flotillas
Have emailed you the correct one but now need to find out how that one got in there

MFP
05-22-12, 02:41 AM
Thanks, BBW, I will paste that one in to replace the stock file. I will look through the various mod's to see if there was something dumb that I did in the past that I had not recalled. But before instlling the GWX a few months ago I did a complete removal (including "My Folders" SH3 folder) and followed the recommended installation protocol (as per Diving Duck's instructions). All else seemed fine. I will retrace my steps this evening as I feel that it must have been something that I did or did not do.

I know that you will have heard this many times before but you and the GWX team did a great job and those of you who are still servicing this fantastic game/simulation are greatly thought of by those of us who are loyal to SH3 GWX.

Many thanks.

MFP

guntherprien
05-23-12, 09:24 AM
"I have just managed to download and install the GWX 3 expansion,after much messing about,and would like to say a massive thanks to the dev team.
What a spanking great effort that is!!
It is utterly superb and worth a lot of money imo.
I'm just learning how to install these mods,(i'm a complete newbie where computing things are involved)and am just bowled over on how skilled these modders are.
Love and respect to all you mod guys http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif "

I was mildly slated for posting this in another thread,and would like to point out the fact,even though I have been a member of this forum for many years,I haven't been very active due to work commitments.
I have only just discovered this mod,and was stunned by it's awesomeness,sorry if what I wrote(above) offended folk,but,I stand by my original appreciation of the modders.

MFP
05-24-12, 02:56 AM
For anyone who has been following this thread and would like to know the cause of the problem and the resolution provided by Bigboywooly.

I had installed the "SH3Cmdr32" package "as was" so that
should have been OK. However, a thought occured. I forgot that I had installed a "all weapons" mod and it is the only mod' that I have that has a "flottilla cfg" file. I had pasted it in AFTER installing the "GWX3 Gold
& SH3Cmdr32" packages. Unfortunately, it was for SH3 stock version not GWX3 and so it replaced some of the essential flotilla settings and was responsible for the problems I experienced.

The fix was to replace the basic cfg and flotilla cfg in SH3 with the GWX3 Gold versions and all is well. For the extra ammo (if required) the GWX3 basic cfg can be modified before installation.

So that is it. All is well again. :yeah:

bigboywooly
05-24-12, 10:28 AM
Glad all is well :yeah:

Jimbuna has a GWX3 version of additional ammo on his gamefront site if anyone needs to go in that direction :03:

MFP
05-25-12, 07:17 AM
Glad all is well :yeah:

Jimbuna has a GWX3 version of additional ammo on his gamefront site if anyone needs to go in that direction :03:

Or here: http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/index.php?topic=274.0;prev_next=next#new

:salute: