PDA

View Full Version : Trying to turn on patrol renown.

Wachtsseu
04-29-12, 02:44 PM
Hi there,

I'm running Steam version of SH3 with Grey Wolves mod and Commander 3.2.

Reading through the mod notes I see they turned off the renown you normally would get if you reach your assigned grid, patrol it for 24 hours and also dock back at starting base.

I'd like to turn that back on as I feel it adds more immersion to being a good commander since you're following orders.

I went to C, Program Files, Steam, Steamapps, Common, SH3, Data, CFG then Basic where I found the values for those three things and typed in my own numbers. Saved it and closed. However after testing it out I did NOT receive my own indicated renown scores. I rechecked the word doc and it had been reset to zero!

After a few more tried I gave up.

Does anyone here know what's going on and if I can fix this?

I'd really appreciate the help- thank you.

Tanedin
04-29-12, 03:02 PM
SH3 Commander overwrites your basic.cfg. Use the rollback button on SH3 Commander and then place your modified basic.cfg in the !BACKUP/data/cfg folder inside your SH3 Commander Directory. You may need to create those folders first.

Wachtsseu
04-29-12, 03:39 PM
SH3 Commander overwrites your basic.cfg. Use the rollback button on SH3 Commander and then place your modified basic.cfg in the !BACKUP/data/cfg folder inside your SH3 Commander Directory. You may need to create those folders first.

Hmm. Maybe I'm not doing something right. I just tried doing something like this and it still isn't working. Can you maybe be more specific or give some steps to do this exactly pleases and thank yous? ^^

Gargamel
04-29-12, 04:04 PM
Just edit your basic.cfg. The renown values are near the top. I have found with steam, I have to turn off rollback. Just make sure you do a manual rollback before an edit or mid change.

Wachtsseu
04-29-12, 08:17 PM
Just edit your basic.cfg. The renown values are near the top. I have found with steam, I have to turn off rollback. Just make sure you do a manual rollback before an edit or mid change.

Oh sweet, good to know. How do you turn off rollback?

Gargamel
04-29-12, 09:08 PM

I'd try settings.

Tanedin
04-29-12, 09:39 PM
hmm, so is the basic.cfg in !BACKUP necessary or what? I've always done mine this way with auto-rollback turned off, have I been doing an unnecessary extra step then? I figured SH3C used the one in !BACKUP as the template to make its own changes to, is that wrong though?

Sailor Steve
04-29-12, 10:56 PM
Click the wrench icon at the bottom of the first Commander screen. First page, second button: Rollback automatically after exiting SH3. Now the game will not rollback unless you tell it to.

Frenchy849
04-30-12, 07:53 AM
Isn't there a mod for that?

Wachtsseu
04-30-12, 01:00 PM
Hmm, something is still not right.

Here are my values:

RenownReachGridObjCompleted=500
RenownPatrolGridObjCompleted=150
CompletedPatrol=200

Yes high but it's for the sake of testing. I would set them to 200, 200 and 100 as the default game has them, but I gave them different high values just to make sure it would work- which it didn't.

Basically I started in Kiel and gave myself the grid of AO75 which is a very short trip. I took my boat out, circled around for 24 hours and came back.

I SHOULD have gotten: 850 renown.

Instead I got: 411.13 renown.

No idea why I got such a random number, any know what's going on?

Thanks.

bigboywooly
04-30-12, 01:12 PM
Hmm, something is still not right.

Here are my values:

RenownReachGridObjCompleted=500
RenownPatrolGridObjCompleted=150
CompletedPatrol=200

Yes high but it's for the sake of testing. I would set them to 200, 200 and 100 as the default game has them, but I gave them different high values just to make sure it would work- which it didn't.

Basically I started in Kiel and gave myself the grid of AO75 which is a very short trip. I took my boat out, circled around for 24 hours and came back.

I SHOULD have gotten: 850 renown.

Instead I got: 411.13 renown.

No idea why I got such a random number, any know what's going on?

Thanks.

The CompletedPatrol doesnt and never has worked so you will only get 650

No idea why you got such an odd number

Gargamel
04-30-12, 11:15 PM
% realism factor.