PDA

View Full Version : New patch released today (4/12/2012)

XanderF
04-12-12, 11:34 AM
1.0.2.3 (04-12-2012)

GUI:
- Fixed: CultureInfo not set when running French version of game causing GUI to fail to initialize.
- Fixed: Scenario names and descriptions that's not localized will now fallback to English instead of just showing LOCID.

Gameplay:
- Fixed: Crash related to missiles targeting aircraft that lands on a base.
- Fixed: Error in hitpoint damage calculations (damage will now be higher)

Database:
- Updated: Changed weapon trajectory on 'AS-4 Kitchen' missile from sea skimming to high altitude.
- Updated: Increased terminal speed range on 'AS-4 Kitchen' missile.
- Updated: Increased minimum weapon range and highest operating height on 'AS-4 Kitchen' Missile
- Updated: 'RIM-67 Standard ER Missile' can now target surface and also be targeted itself.
- Updated: Increased effective weapon range on 'RIM-67 Standard ER Missile'
- Added: 2 'AIM-9 Sidewinder' missiles default weapon load in 'F/A Super Hornet'
- Fixed: Name on 'Sikorsky SH-60B Seahawk'
- Fixed: Name on 'Pyotr Veliky'

Input:
- Added: Keyboard bindings for zooming in satellite map (PageUp and PageDown)

Sound:
- Fixed: Stopped playing menu music when opening Credits screen from main menu.

Misc:
- Updated: Upgraded to Unity 3.5.1f for improved memory management.
- Updated: Properly unloaded textures created in memory during runtime.
- Updated: Improved memory management to avoid fragmentation.
- Fixed: Cleared object pools when exiting game to menu.
- Fixed: Stopped trying to re-initialize game when exiting to desktop. Fixes FileNotFoundException reported in output log.

Etienne
04-13-12, 03:57 PM
Haven't seen much of a difference, but then I didn't get too far before the patch.

I wish they'd fix whatever's going on with the in-air refueling; I keep getting "Not enough fuel to refuel F-35" or whatever, even when the tanker just took off...

Drewcifer
04-13-12, 05:33 PM
Haven't seen much of a difference, but then I didn't get too far before the patch.

I wish they'd fix whatever's going on with the in-air refueling; I keep getting "Not enough fuel to refuel F-35" or whatever, even when the tanker just took off...

ASFAIK that isn't a bug... you have too many jets inbound on fuel runs so it diverts extra traffic back to base. If you look around you probably have a few other jets flying to the tanker.

Etienne
04-14-12, 08:38 AM
ASFAIK that isn't a bug... you have too many jets inbound on fuel runs so it diverts extra traffic back to base. If you look around you probably have a few other jets flying to the tanker.

Nah, I checked, it's one or two jets, even if the tanker just took off. I think it's the generic "Can't refuel aircraft" message, because sometimes you'll get it even if the tanker is halfway accross the map (Like farther than the base).

Haven't had much luck refueling aircrafts so far.

0rpheus
04-14-12, 09:05 AM
Not seen the patch on Steam yet, it'll no doubt show up later.

In-air refuelling is a bit hit & miss it seems. Useful thread with some info here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?600196-Air-to-air-refueling-details-needed

but the important bit(s):

Ok, in-air refueling is mostly automatic. If a plane that can be refueled in air (almost all, in fact, but not the UAVs) is reaching bingo fuel, it first checks if it has any primary weapons left. If not, it will always return to base. Otherwise, it searches for a tanker plane in range and checks its queue and fuel availability. If it can receive a full tank, it will go to the fuel tanker, refuel, and return to its previous orders. Otherwise it will return to base.

You are notified when an aircraft 1) returns to base (this cannot be safely revoked); 2) goes to refuel in air, or 3) it tried to refuel but the available tanker did not have enough fuel for it. In the latter case, it is advised to check if this was an exceptional case (the plane needing refueling was very large, or very far away) or whether it is unlikely the tanker can be useful for you again. If not, you should return that tanker to base for refueling and if possible replace it with a fresh one.

A tanker can only refuel one plane at the time, but the tanking time is unrealistically short anyway

You can manually order a plane to go to the refueling tanker by right clicking the tanker. Much of the above applies in that case.

and

You can reassign aircraft to another base by selecting the plane and right clicking directly on the carrier/airfield/whatever it can land on. Note that if the carrier is in a group (I guess it always is), you will need to zoom in on it until you see it separately from its entourage, and right click it with the plane selected.

Note that most land-based aircraft can not land on an aircraft carrier. An F-35A cannot land on an aircraft carrier; an F-35C is made for that purpose. You should receive an error message if you try to assign a plane to an invalid homebase.

We have a bug that requires each plane in a group to be assigned its home base separately. Will be fixed, after the more serious issues.

For non-air refueling: check the messages you receive just above the 3D view. If a plane that can use in-air refueling don't, it gives a message to tell the tanker doesn't have enough fuel. The exception is planes that are out of primary weapons; they always return to base. Almost all aircraft in the game can use in-air-refueling; UAVs are the exception.