PDA

View Full Version : Awarding medals to crew members

MKalafatas
04-06-12, 11:20 AM
Is anyone conscientious about this? What criteria do you use when making these decisions? Thanks!

Pottu
04-06-12, 12:38 PM
Personally, I like to reward the most skilled crew members. Since you´ve got 60-70 people milling around it´s much easier to keep track of the best when you juggle shifts, damage control crews etc.

I do try to keep an eye out for those whose deserve extra credit. Say, when the boat is battered beyound belief and the engine room crew revives it back into fine health. Then rewards or promotions are definitely in order. But there´s no real rhyme or reason behind it.

Ewall007
04-06-12, 12:53 PM
Is anyone conscientious about this? What criteria do you use when making these decisions? Thanks!

I award crew members based on what they did on patrol.

Example; the deck gun crew all got medals on the last patrol, becasue durning a surface action in a really bad evening storm when I couldn't use torpedos they sank the target ship with waterline shots. The action took place at a distance of 1000 yards and the target ship was firing back.

Ewall007
"Ranging Far, Sweeping Wide"
Quote from Victory at Sea 1955

Soviet Creeper
04-06-12, 01:36 PM
I generally hand them out evenly across departments. That way no one feels jelly :P

Hinrich Schwab
04-06-12, 02:22 PM
I normally award the medals to the department that contributed the most to the last patrol. If no department stood out, I halve the medals between Control and the Engine Room.

TorpX
04-06-12, 11:05 PM

I try to be conscientious, but most of the time there doesn't seem to be any logical criterea to rely on. I don't think the game is really sophisticated enough to really chose one crewmember over another.

SuperEtendard
04-07-12, 10:44 PM
Like Ewall 007 , Schwab and Pottu I reward the crew member who had a good development at the patrol, Deck gun and Torp Room. When i have few medals and to many people who deserve them... i just give it to the leader of the department, representing all the people there, later when i recieve more i give them to everyone.

Mostly i give Deck gun and Torp / engine room Medals to service,

Medals of honor and Silver stars are only for the ones who "individualy" saved the sub... for example my AA gunner has won already ALL the medals (feb 1943) even purple heart, he deserves them, he saved all of us more than twice the last 3 patrols...

The damage control team... another group of heroes, what would we do without them? :salute::salute: