PDA

View Full Version : Gramophone volume

GalaxianFive
04-02-12, 08:25 AM
Is there any way to change the gramophone volume actually in the game itself while on patrol without saving and exiting. Its very frustrating trying to get the various volumes right and not knowing how loud or soft various sounds are untill you are actually on patrol. You then find that the gramophone tracks you are playing are either too loud or too soft in relation to the other sounds such as crew voices etc. Michael

Fubar2Niner
04-02-12, 08:40 AM
@GalaxianFive

To my knowledge the only way this can be done 'on the fly' is thru the obvious, headphone or amp volume controls. However I could be very, very wrong. Best of luck shipmate :salute:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

GalaxianFive
04-02-12, 08:47 AM
@GalaxianFive

To my knowledge the only way this can be done 'on the fly' is thru the obvious, headphone or amp volume controls. However I could be very, very wrong. Best of luck shipmate :salute:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Yeah but that adjusts ALL the volume, what I want to do is adjust the gramophone volume only. I am surprised that there is no mod for this. Michael.

flag4
04-02-12, 12:18 PM
...i know what you mean, but each track is slightly different in volume anyway. the Wagner tune - which is a loud composition for eg seems quieter than J'Attendre track which is a tender love ballad.

do you want a volume control for the gramaphone so you can adjust each track accordingly?

Osmium Steele
04-02-12, 02:07 PM
Download Silent 3ditor here (http://s3d.skwas.com/).

Installation is straightforward.

In Silent 3ditor open the file SH3.sdl. It should be in the silenthunteriii.data.sound folder.

Look for the Music.Gramophone setting. Mine is at 93 by default. Adjustable from 0 - 100. Save your changes.

To be safe, only make this change while in port. It shouldn't matter, but might as well be safe.

flag4
04-02-12, 02:43 PM

In Silent 3ditor open the file SH3.sdl. It should be in the silenthunteriii.data.sound folder.

Look for the Music.Gramophone setting. Mine is at 93 by default. Adjustable from 0 - 100. Save your changes.

To be safe, only make this change while in port. It shouldn't matter, but might as well be safe.

...what does this change, just the general volume - up or down?

GalaxianFive
04-03-12, 05:31 AM

This is why I want a gramophone volume control "in game" because when you adjust it out of the game you have to load the game to find out if the level is what you want in respect to the other sounds eg. is it too loud or too soft. If it is, either you put up with it, or quit and go through the entire process over again when you still might get it wrong! and find the "radio" a) drowning out everything else or b) wispering in the background. Michael.

Osmium Steele
04-03-12, 07:10 AM
...what does this change, just the general volume - up or down?

Of the gramophone tracks, yes.

irish1958
04-03-12, 08:52 AM
I had the same problem when I was working on my war radio mod. The only solution I could come up with was to make all the Gramophone tracts the same volume and adjust the volume to a suitable level to be heard above the fx sounds but not drown them out.
I did this be converting all the gramophone tracts to mp3, adjusting level with mp3gain and then converting back to ogg. I used format factory for the conversion.
If there is any other way to do this, I am unaware of it.

Jimbuna
04-03-12, 08:55 AM
I had the same problem when I was working on my war radio mod. The only solution I could come up with was to make all the Gramophone tracts the same volume and adjust the volume to a suitable level to be heard above the fx sounds but not drown them out.
I did this be converting all the gramophone tracts to mp3, adjusting level with mp3gain and then converting back to ogg. I used format factory for the conversion.
If there is any other way to do this, I am unaware of it.

That's the only way....adjusting each track to the same noise level :yep:

Missing Name
04-03-12, 10:03 AM
That's the only way....adjusting each track to the same noise level :yep:

Which if I'm using your packs, will take forever :yep:

Fubar2Niner
04-03-12, 10:46 AM

I'm almost 100% this will work, on the proviso you have a reg'd copy of winamp...... You can open the gramaphone dir in sh3 and batch convert all the ogg files to mp3 and then adjust the replay gain, then convert back to ogg. Hope this helps shipmate:salute:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Jimbuna
04-03-12, 11:43 AM

Not at all....I use dBpoweramp and you can do a batch conversion with one click:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm