PDA

View Full Version : Patrol won't end in port; tonnage missing

Determan
03-25-12, 08:28 PM
Hello all! Not new to SH3 but am new to the mods, very nice stuff! I am running with GWX gold and SHC and some other mods. I loaded OLC but it seemed to mess up some things so I removed it. On my 5 day shakedown, sunk 1ok ton cargo ship on way back to Keil (Kiel?) and took the boat right into the slip at the dock. When exiting, no option to end patrol as I had before on another patrol and the sunk ship does not show up in my log. So, it seems I can't end the patrol nor get credit for sunk ship. It shows me as still in mission. Did I lose the tonnage? Am I also stuck in an unending patrol?
TIA!

Jonny
03-25-12, 08:43 PM
Ok as for your tonnage issue, two things may of happened, Did you receive a Navigator Report in the speach dialog box in the botom center of you screen witch looked something like this:

XX:XX NA: She's going down!

If not then that would mean you did not sink her! If this did happen then when you were installing your mods, assuming you were using JSGME to do so, if you had any boxes coming up on mod install saying:

'"file.file" has already been altered by the "Example Mod" mod.

and if you did and clicked yes its more than likely you overwrited a important file to do with you ship sunk information and cuased it not to work. This may also be the case with you partrol not ending, of course it may be other things cuasing this but this is what i would of checked first. If it is a already altered file then just deactivate all mods and reinstall them again on JSGME, this time if that option box does appear just click no and dont install the mod!

I hope this has helped,

Jonny:salute:

Sorry for spelling mistakes and grammer!

Determan
03-25-12, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the reply!
I did get the "file will be over writtten" or whatever message when loading OLC. It happened to two other mod's files so when I took out the OLC mod, I removed the two mods with over written files and re-installed them.
I played the game with the OLC mod in (and with over written mods too) and maybe I got a screwed up saved files and that might also be a problem. I did get the "she's going down" message and watched it also, was only 200 mtrs away on a calm see <s>.
I played the game with some mods in but not thru SHC so whatever I did then was not seen by SHC so it started me as a new career. It's when I was on one of these patrols I was able to end mission properly. Just haven't seen that option since running with SHC.
I hate to think I might have to delete career and start all over again but what the hey.
Also I take it that OLC and GWX are not compatible mods? Also, just where exactly does the end of mission option show up? I think it's after the save but do you use the "save and exit" command or just the "save" command? Since I only saw it once I'm not sure exactly the right way to end a mission using SCH.
Thanks again for the help!

Bill

Jonny
03-26-12, 12:03 AM
hmm ok first thing, when you have completed you 24 hr partrol and have sank waht you beleave to be a good haul and head back to your base, when your in the mouth of the bases port if you hit ESC on your keyboard, click exit partrol and then it should say in the bottom right hand corner 'Continue Mission' and Dock At: PORT NAME' you want to click the dock option. this will send you back to your home to do crew management and uboat upgrades, also you will receive a new grid to partrol for 24 hours.

As for SHC, you should always luach SHC first, then once you have configured the options, click the tick in the bottom right hand corner to luanch SH3, luanching sh3 then SHC may cuase problems such as your experiencing.

As for your mods, I suggest deactivate all you mods except for GWX, so your let with SH£ 1.4b with GWX mod only, then reactivate the mods that you want untill you see the file has been already altered box, if that does apear i strongly suggest you click no to adding the mod and dont activate that mod along side the others, as that is what will cuase you big problems to the point you will start to crash to desktop and have glitchs and bugs in game.

Heres a list of the mods i run with my SH3 with GWX that i no all work to gether with problems and make the game look and feel extra speacial:

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
No continuous 'Ship spotted' V1.2 for GWX3
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
TorpedoTubesFfireFinal vGW
DBSM_SH3_Speech_Fix
Destroyers&Corvette
RadioMsg V 0.1
Real Depth Charge
Sobers 3D waves
sobers real smoke darker and a brown tint1.1
Ultimate Aircraft Soundmod
Von Hallys SOS Mesages
WB's Renown Replacement
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
BritishAsdicMkIFinal
Flotilla
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
GWX - Alternate Loadscreen - Full Circle

These are some of the best mods i no of and use, they can all be found in the SUBSIM downlaods, Silent hunter 3 section, use the search.

Hope this helps, also excuse my spelling and grammer it is 6am here!

Determan
03-26-12, 03:46 PM
Thanks much for the info! Now that you mention it, I do slightly remember that that dock option was in the lower righthand part of the screen. I thought I read somewhere that if you were withing either 50K or 25K meters you could dock.
I never had any mod files overwritten till I added OLC. Also, I'll use your list to add some more mods safely (s).
I think I will just go back and remove them all but GWX and just add them back one at a time. Maybe this will fix it in the future. Worst case is I lose a 1ok ton sink and all the time spent on the 5 day shake down cruise.
I did notice that in very bad weather, I would get almost constant "depth 10 meters" call outs and that eventually the diesels shut down completely! This happened when OLC and GWX were installed so I might have corrputed that career. Just start anew, not that much time invested yet.

Bill

Jonny
03-26-12, 04:04 PM
glad i could help please reply if i managed to give you the correct fix!

Tinman764
03-26-12, 08:03 PM
Determan, were you in port or at sea when you installed OLC?
Hopefully, Jonny's got you fixed up - I'm pretty sure I've run OLC with GWX in the past. But installing most mods while at sea is normally a big no-no.

Determan
03-27-12, 05:16 PM
I could've, might, maybe been in port when I added OLC <grimace>. So...
I took all mods out and put them back in, no mod files were over-written. I went into SHC and created a new career and started up SH3 from SHC. I ran the 5 day shakedown and came back. Did the "Exit Patrol" and got the "Dock at Keil" message. Also, got medals to give out and the rest so it all seems to be ok now. I will just delete the offending career and keep going. I might try to put OLC back in later since somone said they ran GWX and OLC together ok but for now will enjoy it working properly.:yeah:
Thanks all again for the help!!!

Determan

Jonny
03-27-12, 08:21 PM
Welcome bro i have a new youtube tutorial channel up, not much done yet but maybe something there that can help you in future!

Check My Signature!