PDA

View Full Version : Bad installation?

Tinman764
03-11-12, 02:27 PM
Reinstalled SH3 after about 3 months away recently, the game is certainly playable but I'm having a problem that I didn't have before. During nightime and cloudy/foggy daytime I'm getting random white pixels splashing across my screen when in any outside view. They are totally confined to the water area.
Sometimes I will also get long yellow horizontal lines on the horizon when I'm near port.

I'm also getting a high pitched whistle/whining sound from the PC on any of the menu screens.

Nothing of what I've listed affects me during any other game/application and like I said, apart from this SH3 is still running fine.

My system is as follows -

Win7 pro x64
Geforce 560Ti
i7 2600 @3.4ghz
8 GIG RAM
SH3 non-starforce disk installed outside of Program Files Folder \w GWX3 & h.sie's Hardcoded fix mod

I'm thinking that my installation disk is old and that I should just buy a Steam copy?

Gargamel
03-11-12, 03:05 PM
Sounds like snow and a das boot style, errmmm, molestation. Quite outrageous.

I'd check drivers. Try running in windowed mode too. These errors just sound like a driver issue to me.

Tinman764
03-11-12, 05:34 PM
Looks like you might have nailed it. Went back to last October's WHQL drivers and no problems so far. :yeah: