PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with Adm.Scheer radar

HmS Camaron
03-08-12, 11:33 AM
Hi! I'm playing the fantastic Chinese U-47 Mod and I want to have a radar instaled in the Deutchland class battleship by the mid of 1940 - I've completed the first patrol already and docked at Brest.

I searched arround in the game files, both in the Mod foldder(MODS/GeI/Data/Cfg/Basic) and in the saved games(Career & Patrol) and changed some parameteres related to radar upgrade dates. I tried with changing types in the "RadarUpg=" line in combinations with the date changin, but after many tryes the radar never shows up when i start the next patrol...

I will very thankful if someone can show me the way to do it,cheers!

HmS Camaron
03-08-12, 11:57 AM
ok, what a shame... I was doing right with the mod files but I didn't unJSGME and reJSGME to make the changes work,my bad... I accept a two week mockery period before this post is deleted!!

cromelex
03-08-12, 01:02 PM
If you find out how to do it properly, I'd appreciate if you could share how you did it.

I tried to play a game with that mod, but my watchman seem to be unable to spot anything even if I'm right in front of them at close range...

Would also like to modify the radar for earlier availability on the Deutschland.

HmS Camaron
03-08-12, 05:40 PM
I will do my best cos my lack of knowledgement (do backup!!) makes me go ahead in spersticious ways..
(so,something may be absurd or usless)
Ok, here we go:

1.- Go to SilentHunterIII\MODS\GeI\data\Cfg and open the 'Basic' file and search for this:

NameIdx2=1277
Year2=1942
Month2=12
NbSub2=2
Sub20=1
Sub21=2
Renown2=10000
Name20=Dtland FuMO27
Name21=Schorst FuMO27

(I recomend you start from the bottom, you'll see the equipment charasteristics lines, is right
on top of Radar Warning Receivers)

2.- I changed it to make it look like this:

NameIdx2=1277
Year2=1940 -----> date of disponibility.
Month2=6
NbSub2=2
Sub20=1
Sub21=2
Renown2=0 -----> some peopele thinks free tastes better.
Name20=Dtland FuMO27 -----> instead of Fumo22 because I deserve it.
Name21=Schorst FuMO27

3.- Save the file and remember to do the JSGME thing!!

I came here for the same reason as you, Bigger than anything faster,faster than anything bigger but almost
as blind as a porcelain cat.. XDDD
Hope it works for you!!

cromelex
03-08-12, 05:57 PM
Thank you! Will try it as soon as I have the chance!

cromelex
03-08-12, 09:50 PM
Just did! Working neatly!

thanks a lot! :yeah: