PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain CTD

Osmium Steele
03-07-12, 09:38 AM
It is early August 1940. U-51 is starting her 10th war patrol, departing Wilhelmshaven for DH44. We received a radio message tranferrring the boat to 2nd Flotilla in Lorient! Woo Hoo!! France!

We are transiting the English Channel in a driving rain, visibility is 700 metres at best. The Pas de Calais is well behind us and we have hit the open part of the channel.

In the map room, a flight of airplanes suddenly appears over France and everything goes black. (CTD)

I wake up (read: restarted Commander) in Lorient at the beginning of our 11th patrol. Evidently, I hit my head or something and my Watch officer brought the boat to Lorient.

I was immediately relieved of my command!

Is that justice? I ask you!

Are there scripted Battle of Britain bomber flights from France? I crash if I get too close to the Dunkirk evacuation, so I am assuming it was a scripted overflight that caused the CTD.

bigboywooly
03-07-12, 09:49 AM
You dont mention if playing stock or with a mod etc
I know GWX has scripted BoB flights, sailings etc and will guess that WAC and NYGN do as well as LSH

There maybe an issue with too much going on for your computer to handle
Being in the channel means you are close to ports and associated shipping so the arrival of an air squadron may just be too much

Pls post list of mods being used, comp specs and any error message that comes up when you CTD

:yeah:

Osmium Steele
03-07-12, 09:56 AM
You've answered my question. I run GWX Gold on an older laptop so resources are a problem.

Thanks!

Another surprise was that the crash somehow ended the patrol and left me in Lorient. I figured Commander would show me on patrol after the crash, but then I hadn't yet saved on that patrol.

bigboywooly
03-07-12, 09:59 AM
No problem
Least you know where to avoid - like the channel for one :damn:

That the crash ended the patrol is something new on me but hey all worked out good