PDA

View Full Version : How can I verify that a mod is active in-game?

Harbinger1
03-04-12, 10:01 AM
I just downloaded a sound mod ( sobers hud sounds V1 SH 5 ) and according to Generic Enabler it was successful. This was a trial run to install a mod into SH 5. My first attempt was disastrous as I crashed my pc. I used The video on youtube by stoianm1 on how to use the Generic Enabler and JSGME etc. I don`t really know what kind of sounds i`m to listen for? Where exactly is the HUD ? Does this mod affect all my current saved missions or only new ones, In short how can I verify if the sound mod is installed and what kind of new sounds should I listen for?
I just re installed the mod again and it said that it was activated but I noticed that when I transfer the mod from the right side of the Generic Enabler to the activated side I did not see a progress bar on the bottom of the page. what have I done wrong..any ideas?
Thanks.

Battle
03-05-12, 12:06 AM
You won't always see the green progess bar when you move a mod over to activate it because the file is small and JSGME activates quickly. The only time I have seen the progess bar is on much larger mods. As to the sounds I am not sure what the sounds are for as I have not used that mod. I can tell you if want to hear the sounds extract the file into any made up folder and open the sober hud sound folder \ mods folder\ sober hud sounds V1 SH5 folder\ data folder \ sound folder. In the sound folder you see a list of wave files. You can listen to these if you chose and maybe it will give you an idea. Also make sure you are only activating the "sober hud sounds V1 SH5" subfolder located from the extracted file. Hope this helps some.

sobers hud sounds V1 SH5
Lets just say that these hud sounds are inkeeping with the theme
of WW2 german uboats .

Install anytime either in port or during a patrol with jsgme .
Acknowledge sober if using in any other mod .
Not for commercial use .

THE_MASK
03-05-12, 12:25 AM
There is a mod for everything , even a mod for checking if mods are installed coerrectly :salute:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=187245&highlight=mod+validator

Off the Rails
03-05-12, 07:05 AM
That particular one changes the mouse click sound effect from a "click" to a "water drip" sound. It's immediately obvious if it's active as it affects the main menu.