PDA

View Full Version : MOD FOG

Ablemaster
03-02-12, 05:47 AM
I've been playing the SH series for more years than I care to remember. Love the gameplay of SH3, graphics and gameplay of SH4, with SH5 I've strangely got into a rut of adding and changing my mods day in and day out, an addiction has taken over, trying to find a stable and enjoyable version of the game, I spend more time tweaking and adding mods than I do actually playing the game, and have grown to realise just how bad a release SH5 was. Still watching it grow and improve is nice, the mod fog is slowly clearing.
Ive never depended so much on mods before, but still enjoying the game all the same. So cheers community, keep it rolling on, I'm not all modded out just yet, keep it going cheers.

The main reason for playing Sh5 for me now has become the mod fog, modding has taken the lead over the gameplay, anyone else feel the same ? Still good fun though.

Herr Trigger
03-02-12, 09:42 AM
I have to agree with you, I got SH5 a year ago, tried it out for 2 weeks, with mods it was bearable but still lacking, I went back to SH4 and didn't touch SH5 till 2 weeks ago, looked at sobers mod list, got the mods and was totally blown away by the transformation, my hats off to the modders (TDW, Stoianm, Sober, Trevally, SteelViking, Stormfly, Beast, to name but a few) who work on such a dauntless task and achieve such marvels, without which this release would be useless.
I've also spent longer configuring my mod loadout than actually playing but now it's rock solid, no CTD's, looks the business, and runs like a gem.
Good job and thanks.
Regards,
H.T.

misha1967
03-02-12, 03:56 PM
Me too. That I still keep adding and removing mods at this point is due to me being obsessive about it, because even though the work isn't done yet, SH5 is absolutely at a point now where it's playable and enjoyable as all get out, so I could put down the mod soup spoon at this point and still enjoy it. Or to put it in a different way: At this point I'm modifying my soup because I want to, not because I have to.

And NONE of this would have happened if it hadn't been for the tireless efforts of all of the great people who've worked so hard to get us there! :salute:

Captain_AJ
03-02-12, 08:23 PM
The next mod that i will add is the beast's equipment upgrades , when I get back into port .. But does that conflict with stoiams equipment anytime upgrade ?

tonschk
03-03-12, 04:46 AM
modding has taken the lead over the gameplay, anyone else feel the same ? Still good fun though.

:salute: Me too :DL :up:

Ravenhold IV
03-04-12, 01:22 AM
The next mod that i will add is the beast's equipment upgrades , when I get back into port .. But does that conflict with stoiams equipment anytime upgrade ?

Download that equipment upgrade again and you will find a file in there (along with standard) that says stoianm upgrade available mod compatible with Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_0_byTheBeast

Booya free stuff pwns. Although I cant seem to get it to work for some reason. (WHERES MY 105!!!!!!!!!![I've got to howitzer their faces!!!]:damn:)