PDA

View Full Version : OLC GUI 1.2.7 or OLC GUI 'Gold'

MFP
02-29-12, 10:37 AM
Can anyone let me know which is the most recent version of this fantastic looking mod? I have located the 1.2.7 version in the download section but cannot see the 'Gold' version there.

Thanks.

flag4
02-29-12, 02:12 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147667

hope this is what you want!

MFP
03-02-12, 08:53 AM
It was. thank you very much. :up: After much reading I think that I have it now. The only problem I have is that I am limited to a mobile broadband dongle and it works out expensive to download data files. I can get a few things from work but it has a 'game filter' that prevents me from downloading from 'Subsim' :damn: . This is why I have been asking around for an alternative source for the OLC Gold as it is 228Mb in size. I was hoping someone may know of an alternative source (Dropbox?)

Thanks again for the lead.

Johnfb
03-02-12, 10:22 AM
Can a friend or workmates not dl it for you or Internet cafe perhaps?

Harald_Lange
03-02-12, 10:39 AM
MFP do you still need these mods? I can dropbox them for you if so, just reply here or PM me.

flag4
03-02-12, 11:40 AM
It was. thank you very much. :up: After much reading I think that I have it now. The only problem I have is that I am limited to a mobile broadband dongle and it works out expensive to download data files. I can get a few things from work but it has a 'game filter' that prevents me from downloading from 'Subsim' :damn: . This is why I have been asking around for an alternative source for the OLC Gold as it is 228Mb in size. I was hoping someone may know of an alternative source (Dropbox?)

Thanks again for the lead.

can you not do it AFTER MIDNIGHT, with my B/B Provider its free from 12.00 - 8.00am.
i downloaded the entire Heroes of Stalingrad from Steam. think it took 4 hours, though i had to wait up till midnight to do it:zzz:

MFP
03-05-12, 03:11 AM
MFP do you still need these mods? I can dropbox them for you if so, just reply here or PM me.

Yes, please. It is the OLC Gold that I need, I got the 42d (Instal after 42c) from Meshvit's dropbox herehttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/11049742/OLC_Gold_MkIId_Update.rar (Thanks again, Meshvit).

MFP

MFP
03-05-12, 07:27 AM
can you not do it AFTER MIDNIGHT, with my B/B Provider its free from 12.00 - 8.00am.
i downloaded the entire Heroes of Stalingrad from Steam. think it took 4 hours, though i had to wait up till midnight to do it:zzz:

Afraid it doesn't make any difference what time of day with the Vodafone Mobile Broadband dongle. £15/Gb!

Harald_Lange
03-05-12, 02:27 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/240752/sh3mods/OLC%20%27Gold%27%20MkIIc.7z
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/240752/sh3mods/OLC_Gold_MkIId_Update.rar

and I think you'll need the videos:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/240752/sh3mods/OLC%27s%20Video%20Tutorials.rar

I'll leave these up for 48hours or so as I think you'll download them from work right?

Just reply when you've got them :)

MFP
03-06-12, 07:47 AM
Hi, HL.

Many thanks for providing these for me, I greatly appreciate the time that you have given to this. However, I have managed to download only one of the three files that you have provided.

The two larger files (Gold & Videos) are not getting through the Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway. As soon as I click to download the file MFTMG just hangs. I left the pc for a few hours to see if was just slow to download but I do not think that it was that.

Any ideas?

MFP

flag4
03-06-12, 10:52 AM
....are not getting through the Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway. Any ideas?

MFP

...is that a firewall/anti-virus thing issue?

could you switch off said MFTMG so you can at least download necassary files. if you have a decent anti-virus im sure (dont quote me on that!!) you'll be fine. you seem to be having a lot of trouble downloading basic files. can you go into the MFTMG settings and allow 'subsim' as an exception? never heard of MFTMG...:hmmm:

Harald_Lange
03-06-12, 11:28 AM
Sorry to hear you couldn't download the mods I drop-boxed.

I think we've done pretty much all we can to enable you to download these mods. You should consider getting a decent home internet connection if you want to download this kind of stuff, I can't really see another option. :-?

I'm not being harsh, I feel your pain, I just can't see what can be done this end. Maybe you could ask the moderators nicely and slip someone a few $$ in order to mail you a DVD? I'm not sure if that might raise any legal issues however?

Raptor
03-06-12, 12:07 PM
Apparently FTMG is a server application to protect corporate networks from infection and corruption. It is set up and administered by your IT staff. This is not a program for personal computers and as such, individual users won't have the ability to turn it on or off.

You need to find another DL source such as an internet cafe rather than trying to use your employer's network. They probably wouldn't be too happy to learn that's what you are doing,:hmmm: assuming they don't already know. Many corporations have people whose only job is to monitor employee computer useage to assure compliance to IT policies. As identity theft and database hacking increases, look for more of these "network police" types to appear.

from the Microsoft website:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/forefront/threat-management-gateway-overview.aspx

"Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 (TMG) protects your employees from Web-based threats by integrating multiple layers of security into an easy-to-manage solution. Deployed on your corporate network as a unified gateway, Forefront TMG 2010 inspects web traffic at the network, application and content layers to help ensure comprehensive protection. It also improves your organization’s firewall performance by offloading processor-intensive functions like inspection for malware."

MFP
03-06-12, 12:57 PM
Thanks, Raptor and HL.

Yep, I think that you are both absolutely right.

I think that I should get a hard wire internet connection as I like the sound of many of the mod's that are available here.

As for the IT police - time to run deep and silent.

Thanks, again, to both of you.

MFP