PDA

View Full Version : Another Costa ship in trouble

Oberon
02-27-12, 12:32 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17183134

I wonder if the captain will end up under house arrest as well... :nope:

Ducimus
02-27-12, 01:16 PM
I wonder if they're far enough out to see to avoid pirates or not.

Betonov
02-27-12, 01:57 PM
There's the second reason why I'll never go work for Costa when I graduate :O:

The first one is that I'm Slovene and the company is Italian :O:

JSLTIGER
02-27-12, 02:45 PM
I was on the Allegra back in '95. It was my first cruise. Lovely ship, considered to be a bit small these days. They're sending out a tug to go get it. I wouldn't want to be a passenger on board right now. There are no balconies and the porthole windows don't open on board.

kraznyi_oktjabr
02-27-12, 04:12 PM
<snip> the porthole windows don't open on board.That is because of SOLAS safety rules.

Jimbuna
02-27-12, 04:13 PM
Thankfully she doesn't appear to be in any immediate danger.

Oberon
02-27-12, 04:57 PM
Thankfully she doesn't appear to be in any immediate danger.

Do you think it's related to what we...ahem...discussed before?

_dgn_
02-27-12, 05:13 PM
I wonder if they're far enough out to see to avoid pirates or not.

Near Seychelles, there are recently other serious risks : sharks ...

The first one is that I'm Slovene and the company is Italian :O:

???

Jimbuna
02-27-12, 06:26 PM
Do you think it's related to what we...ahem...discussed before?

From what I can gather (not having spoken to my 'source') it would appear engine failure due to an electrical fire.

Betonov
02-28-12, 12:23 AM
???

One of those historical grudges :DL

Jimbuna
02-28-12, 09:07 AM
The 1,000 passengers and crew on the crippled Costa Allegra cruise ship face an uncomfortable three day journey without hot food, lights or air-conditioning after a plan to disembark them at a nearby luxury island resort was scrapped on Tuesday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/seychelles/9110926/Costa-Allegra-passengers-face-three-day-voyage-to-safety.html

kraznyi_oktjabr
02-28-12, 09:19 AM
The 1,000 passengers and crew on the crippled Costa Allegra cruise ship face an uncomfortable three day journey without hot food, lights or air-conditioning after a plan to disembark them at a nearby luxury island resort was scrapped on Tuesday.Sounds like cruise of your life time. Memories you won't forget. :hmmm:

Herr-Berbunch
02-28-12, 09:21 AM
One of those historical grudges :DL

If I were you (and your people) I'd be more pissed at Croatia for stealing all your coastline apart from about 20'. :yep: Then you could launch bigger boats.

Jimbuna
02-28-12, 10:53 AM
Sounds like cruise of your life time. Memories you won't forget. :hmmm:

They should have plenty of time to ponder what sort of compensation package to accept :DL

BossMark
02-28-12, 11:16 AM
I wonder if the captains are related :hmmm:

Betonov
02-28-12, 11:32 AM
If I were you (and your people) I'd be more pissed at Croatia for stealing all your coastline apart from about 20'. :yep: Then you could launch bigger boats.

When were pissed at Croatians we get pissed at italians just for warming up :DL

Ducimus
02-28-12, 12:15 PM
They'd better be offering every one of those passangers either a refund, or a free cruise for the same amount of days as the one they'd paid for. Although, if they did, i'm not sure if i could take up a free cruise with that cruise line.

Jimbuna
02-28-12, 01:09 PM
They'd better be offering every one of those passangers either a refund, or a free cruise for the same amount of days as the one they'd paid for. Although, if they did, i'm not sure if i could take up a free cruise with that cruise line.

I should imagine it'll be a full refund and a free cruise...I also agree with your final point/opinion :DL

Oberon
02-28-12, 01:13 PM
Wonder if any of the poor sods from Concordia got a free cruise on Allegra...

kraznyi_oktjabr
02-28-12, 02:00 PM
Wonder if any of the poor sods from Concordia got a free cruise on Allegra...:har: That would be quite a fortune. :D

Jimbuna
02-28-12, 03:19 PM
Wonder if any of the poor sods from Concordia got a free cruise on Allegra...

A classic case of 'double jeapordy' :DL

JSLTIGER
02-29-12, 12:25 AM
I don't know about that...but it was reported that one woman's son was on Concordia and her daughter is presently stranded on Allegra. I'm thinking that that family is probably done sailing on Costa.

Jimbuna
02-29-12, 07:16 AM
I don't know about that...but it was reported that one woman's son was on Concordia and her daughter is presently stranded on Allegra. I'm thinking that that family is probably done sailing on Costa.

I doubt anyone would give odds betting against that :DL

kraznyi_oktjabr
02-29-12, 08:07 AM
I doubt anyone would give odds betting against that :DLUnless there are two families with identical situation then both of those siblings were crew members. :03:

Jimbuna
02-29-12, 08:28 AM
Unless there are two families with identical situation then both of those siblings were crew members. :03:

How unlucky would they be? :o