PDA

View Full Version : RSRDC Question

MarkCt
02-26-12, 06:01 PM
I just dl'ed TMO 2.5, rsrdc and the patch for it. When TMO loads it tells you your running 2.5. But how do you know if RSRD loaded? I used the mod enabler but had a problem at first because the files loaded wrong. I would hate to get half way through a campaign and find out it didn't load and have to start all over again. Is there a screen or some way to tell it's running?

Thanks for your help.

WernherVonTrapp
02-26-12, 06:41 PM
What do you mean when you say "the files loaded wrong"? I mean, how do you know they loaded wrong? When you use JSGME and you load RSRDC after TMO, it's normal to get a pop-up window advising you that you're going to overwrite files in TMO. Just click "OK" and let it happen, if that's what you're referring to.

MarkCt
02-26-12, 07:21 PM
At first I couldn't get JSGME to load the mod. When I finally got it to load I added RSRD and the patch. When I loaded the patch I got a warning saying that "enabling this mod *may* have adverse effects on your game. Are you sure you wish to enable this mod". When I said yes, it loaded and in the mod enabler the word TriggerMaru Overhaul 2.5 turned grey. RSRDC TMO V502 and the patch V5xx Patch1 remained black.

When I load RSRD after TMO I get no message. Only after I load the patch after RSRD do I get a message.

In the message box it also states "41a jap coastal traffic.mis" has already been altered by the triggerMaru overhaul 2.5 mod.

I knew I had a problem when I activated the mod (2.5) and the 1.5 game loaded. So I had to trouble shoot how I unzipped the files in JSGME and finally got it to run. I just don't know if I got RSRD to load.

Are these the messages your referring to? Is there any type of screen in the game showing RSRD is running? Other than trusting that JSGME activated, how can you tell if it's working?

WernherVonTrapp
02-27-12, 01:12 AM
You're not going to get any such message loading TMO because that's the first file you're loading from JSGME. Any subsequently loaded mods will generate such a message because they change (overwrite) specific aspects of the first original mod.
There are a few mods that won't generate this message because they don't overwrite anything. RSRDC changes aspects of TMO, so this message is perfectly normal.:salute:

Armistead
02-27-12, 03:27 AM
RSRD rewrites all of the traffic layers so you'll see lot's of overwrite messages.

If you've played TMO alone without RSRD you'll notice a difference with RSRD, the career sceen, bases, dates, etc..will be different, also you'll notice many more map labels and some different ports.

MarkCt
02-27-12, 11:38 AM
This is just what I was looking for, differences in the game to know that RSRD is actully working. I've played TMO 2.0 and just upgraded to 2.5 with RSRD. TMO is such a great mod. I'm hoping that RSRD will make it even better. When I start the game tonight I'll look for the changes you mentioned.

Thanks to both of you for your help.