PDA

View Full Version : I need a new video card...

Red October1984
02-25-12, 12:21 PM
I have a Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family. I need something else to play sh5. Price and details?

Alexwarhammer
03-10-12, 10:33 AM
Sorry for necropost (if this is one) but an AMD 6870 is a good all round bet , you can get one for around £130 or $200 , it will be a MAJOR upgrade from an inbuilt GPU , and you will be able to play all games on at least normal graphics options , although I would also like to see your CPU , because if you still have an intergrated GPU its likely you will also have a bad CPU.

You can get away with something like a 6850 (around £110) or maybe even a 5750 (£90) but unless you are only planning on playing this game or you aren't bothered about how the game looks , I would get a 6870.

Hinrich Schwab
03-10-12, 11:07 AM
S although I would also like to see your CPU , because if you still have an intergrated GPU its likely you will also have a bad CPU.

This is a good point. To add to this, computers that have Intel graphics chips are usually on the economy end, compared to ATI/AMD or older NVIDIA integrated systems. I would also recommend looking into NVIDIA products considering the fact that many games out there absolutely choke on ATI/AMD's Catalyst Control Center program. CCC and all its flaws is why I will not buy another ATI/AMD product.

Alexwarhammer
03-10-12, 03:51 PM
I would also recommend looking into NVIDIA products considering the fact that many games out there absolutely choke on ATI/AMD's Catalyst Control Center program. CCC and all its flaws is why I will not buy another ATI/AMD product.

Yeah , Nvidia might be a good choice , as they do have less problems than AMD cards , but they are marginally more expensive. I play this game wth a Sapphire 6870 and 6 Phenom 2 X6 CPUs/FX 6 Bulldozer (which I do NOT recommmend , you can get a i5 for cheaper which is much better) and it runs perfectly on everything maxed out , including AA.

With that said , if you are going for a AMD GPU , it will run better with a AMD CPU , which doesn't happen with intel/Nvidia , but that is all marginal when compared with the actual specs of the cards.