PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Commander/GWX problem ... help please

von Kinderei
02-22-12, 11:49 AM
O.K. ...

I started a new/DIFFERENT carrer and I'll run the initial shake down patrol outa Kiel ... I receive the message to return to base and I do so

Heres where the trouble starts ... when I begin the next mission the instructions are the same as the initial patrol orders

It tells me to run the 5 day shake down patrol again ?

Whats the problem here folks ?

Jimbuna
02-22-12, 11:50 AM
Have you installed the GWX config file?

von Kinderei
02-22-12, 11:51 AM
I have

von Kinderei
02-22-12, 11:52 AM
I have one career runnin' well ... the problem is with this new career I just started

Jimbuna
02-22-12, 01:14 PM
Is Commander set at auto rollback?

Do you have alternative flotillas enabled?

von Kinderei
02-22-12, 01:35 PM
Yes and no

von Kinderei
02-22-12, 07:24 PM
Anybody got any ideas ... ?

brett25
02-22-12, 10:21 PM
Bdu believes you need more practice:yeah:

this game can have a life of its own, just go with it

von Kinderei
02-22-12, 10:22 PM
BdU could be correct :yep:

von Kinderei
02-22-12, 11:22 PM
Well ...

It's beyond me as to WTF is goin' on with this ... I have now un-installed and re-installed 3 times and still the same thing happens . I run the shake down patrol and DO NOT get the return message so i return on my own ... dock at Kiel and the re-start and I get the same shake down mission

If I go to konigsberg I'll get the radio message to return and I can transfer but when I restart I still get the shake down patrol order

I can't understand what is goin' on here :damn:

Dbledip
02-22-12, 11:56 PM
VK - Have you tried completing the mission by going to the assigned patrol grid prior to returning to base? The reason I ask is that I have never returned to base after receiving orders to return to base. I have never had to repeat the shake down cruise. Might be worth a try??

Jimbuna
02-23-12, 06:02 AM
Well ...

It's beyond me as to WTF is goin' on with this ... I have now un-installed and re-installed 3 times and still the same thing happens . I run the shake down patrol and DO NOT get the return message so i return on my own ... dock at Kiel and the re-start and I get the same shake down mission

If I go to konigsberg I'll get the radio message to return and I can transfer but when I restart I still get the shake down patrol order

I can't understand what is goin' on here :damn:

I'm afraid it's also beyond me...do you have any additional mods installed?

von Kinderei
02-23-12, 02:49 PM
I do Jimbuna ...

Heres the run down on what I have installed and like I said earlier it has run fine in the one career but for some reason when I started the second one it's been a major fail

Elite Uboat Binoculars
Elite Uboat Uniform
Compulsory Uboat Headdress
Chief Hat Emblem
Q Ship Mod GWX3
II A Uboat Skin
VII Workhorse Skin
Waterstream&Exhaust GWX3
OLC Gold MkII
OLC Gold MkII Update
OLC Searchlights for GWX3
ACM Re-Loaded for OLC Gold
ACM Lite Map ( grey contacts )
FM New Interior
Fm New Interior W/Crew
Thomsen Water
Thomsen Sound Pack
PT Sound Pack 3.1
PT Sound Pack 3.2
SH3 v1.4b No DVD
Rbs SH4 Effects
Lifeboat and Debris
Torpedo Damage Final
TDW Ship Plane Fire Effect
Radio Deutschland
Combat Radio Frequency
FM NI for ACM Re-Loaded
DFa Flags UpDn
OLC Gold MkII Flat Sun Fix

Thats what I've been runnin' and no problems with the first carrer

von Kinderei
02-23-12, 07:20 PM
Alright Jimbuna ...

I have tried to start a career just usin' SH3 Commander and GWX3.0 alone without any mods installed and I still get the same thing :nope:

Sailor Steve
02-24-12, 12:37 AM
Okay, where on the screen is it telling you this? Are you recieving this order via your radio, or is it appearing on the loading screen? As far as I know the only shakedown order is for Konigsberg, not Kiel. If it's the one on the loading screen, it doesn't change for a month. Have you checked the F8 and K pages to see if you are assigned to a grid?

I've started careers out of all three bases and I've never seen anything like that. Either you're misunderstanding it or there is something wrong with your setup that none of us has ever seen.

Jimbuna
02-24-12, 06:28 AM
Your list of mods doesn't look problematic and I agree with Steve...this is a 'first time' problem IIRC.

If your not misunderstanding a portion of the game then I'd be looking in terms of a re-installation.

Either way, this is a strange one indeed :hmmm:

von Kinderei
02-24-12, 10:21 AM
Jimbuna ...

I have re-installed this 4 times now with the same problem ,,, it's beyond me whats happened all of a sudden :doh:

von Kinderei
02-25-12, 01:46 PM
Okay, where on the screen is it telling you this? Are you recieving this order via your radio, or is it appearing on the loading screen? As far as I know the only shakedown order is for Konigsberg, not Kiel. If it's the one on the loading screen, it doesn't change for a month. Have you checked the F8 and K pages to see if you are assigned to a grid?

I've started careers out of all three bases and I've never seen anything like that. Either you're misunderstanding it or there is something wrong with your setup that none of us has ever seen.

Steve ...

What I get at the start is the order on the load screen where if you're in the 7th you do your shake down patrol and sink the target ships if you're in the 1st ya run a 5 day shake down where upon on the 4th you'll receive a message

In the Konigsberg patrol you'll receive the message on the 4th infomin' ya to return and then transfer to another flottilla ... if you run the Kiel shake down patrol the message comes a day or so later infomin' you to return to Kiel

Right now if I run the Konigsberg patrol I'll receive the message to return and am able to tranfer but the next mission order is the same ... run the shake down patrol ... if I start with the Kiel patrol I most times will now receive the order to return no matter how many days I'm out

Something is screwed up somewhere I think even after 4 complete re-installs and cleanin' out the registry !

Jimbuna
02-25-12, 02:10 PM
I've tried to replicate your scenario without success...you have Commander set at 14 days or more between patrols I trust.

BossMark
02-25-12, 02:16 PM
@von Kinderei do you have a working link for the mod TDW Ship Plane Fire Effect, if you have can you post it or PM it to me please.

von Kinderei
02-25-12, 02:27 PM
I've tried to replicate your scenario without success...you have Commander set at 14 days or more between patrols I trust.

I do Jimbuna ... P.M. sent BossMark

u crank
02-26-12, 10:25 AM
Just wondering vK, have you tried to start a career in a different location, flotilla and date?

:06:

von Kinderei
02-26-12, 10:44 AM
I have u crank ...

I have tried a start in Konigsberg where after ya run the patrol and return ya transfer and thats porked as well ... as far a later year patrol no i haven't tried that

Jimbuna
02-26-12, 02:14 PM
A quick if not ideal workaround (well it is a Sunday afternoon) which may help others in the future.

Okay....I don't have VK's files to run through one of my file comparison programmes with files of my own soooooo....strongly believing he has one or more files FUBAR'd I installed a fresh GWX as well as Commander and the required CFG file.

I then went into the messages_en file/text document and added one or two characters early in the war as well as deleting a few.

After 5 test patrols I was now replicating the 'stuck' 4/5 day message.

The quick workaround.....after first shakedown patrol and prior to commencing second patrol, end game, open Commander and change status from 'In home base before patrol' to 'In other base before patrol'.

That should change the repetitive message...least it did in mine.

von Kinderei
02-26-12, 02:20 PM
Danke Herr Jimbuna ...

I'll give that a go and report back :salute:

Jimbuna
02-26-12, 02:27 PM
It's not the ideal solution....just a simple workaround.

There is something wrong within your system somewhere because I had to physically FUBAR an installation to replicate your anomaly.

Here's hoping it works for you http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

von Kinderei
02-26-12, 04:23 PM
Well let me ask ya something Jimbuna ...

If this happens again can I go into the messages_en file/text document and add the proper lines in the proper place and if so what would those lines be and where would they go ?

Jimbuna
02-26-12, 04:32 PM
Well let me ask ya something Jimbuna ...

If this happens again can I go into the messages_en file/text document and add the proper lines in the proper place and if so what would those lines be and where would they go ?

I'd suggest at best you send me said files so I can compare with a trusted installation but my years of experience and work on said mod coupled with so many thousands of users of GWX who are playing trouble free lead me to believe there is a major problem at your end.

The SH3 engine is an unforgiving animal at times and I strongly suspect there is something installed on your system that is interfearing with your game installation.

My respectful theory is....nothing short of a reformat will lead to a successful conclusion.....it is as potentially devastating as that.

von Kinderei
02-26-12, 05:41 PM
O.K.

I ran your suggestive fix Jimbuna and that didn't work either ... I'm still gettin' the 4/5 date patrol order ... I was able though to transfer to Kiel and without all the medals this time so something changed

I wish i knew what happened to this thing ... I mean how can one career run super smooth and then when I try and create a new career it all goes haywire :nope:

Thanks for your help Jim :up:

Jimbuna
02-27-12, 05:56 AM
Bugga!....that should have worked.

Last throw of the dice...try starting at sea.

von Kinderei
02-27-12, 11:37 PM
Jimbuna ...

I noticed that after this latest re-install that I do not have a messages_en text file :o

Should I or shouldn't I have one ... I'm thinkin' I should

maillemaker
02-28-12, 08:31 AM
Why not just ignore the radio messages and carry on? I though they were for immersion anyway?

Steve

von Kinderei
02-28-12, 08:46 AM
It's not just the radio message it's the patrol orders that continue to state the 4/5 day shake down patrol everytime

Jimbuna
02-28-12, 09:02 AM
Jimbuna ...

I noticed that after this latest re-install that I do not have a messages_en text file :o

Should I or shouldn't I have one ... I'm thinkin' I should

You most certainly should have one and it should be located in Data/Campaigns/Campaign

von Kinderei
02-28-12, 09:13 AM
Thats where I looked and I ceretainly DO NOT have one ...

I thought the messages_ text files were in the data/cfg folder ... the ones I have in the data/campaign/campaign folder are Campaign_LND.mis,Campaign_RND.mis and Campaign_SCR.mis

The messages_ are located in my data/cfg folder and in there I have Message_RA Message_SO Message_WA Message_NA Message_WE and Message_CH

Jimbuna
02-28-12, 10:47 AM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/222/32731154.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/32731154.jpg/)

von Kinderei
02-28-12, 10:49 AM
I stand corrected ... :oops:

Jimbuna
02-28-12, 10:56 AM
No problem at all Kaleun http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif