PDA

View Full Version : Using antilag tweak

Raven_2012
02-21-12, 09:42 PM
I just notice this and it fixed it. After using the antilag tweak and setting it to pre-render 2 frames ahead, Nvidia users need to set their maxium pre-render frames to their SH5 profile to 2. Mine was set to 3, the default and was getting stuttering frames occasionally. ATI people may have this setting in their profile too.

Charlie901
02-21-12, 10:59 PM
This Tweak as well as limiting Frames to 35 completely eliminated the stutters for me with GFX Settings Maxed! :woot:

Raven_2012
02-22-12, 01:05 AM
This Tweak as well as limiting Frames to 35 completely eliminated the stutters for me with GFX Settings Maxed! :woot:

I might mess around with that later on, I did that before and it slows down the load screen.

misha1967
02-22-12, 01:19 AM
Didn't work for me either but, then again, I've never been able to get anti-lag to do anything for me. Made sense, though, because having the pre-rendered frames set to 2 in anti-lag while leaving it at nVidia's preferred 3 in nVidia CP might cause some confusion in the software.

All I got from using it was what I've gotten every single time I've tried to use anti-lag before: The mouse cursor "lags" just as bad as before, only now it skips frames making it "jumpy" as well.

I don't know why I'm the only one in the universe who can't get that thing to help my nVidia card make the mouse cursor movement smoother. Mind you, I'm not really complaining. My FPs's are still more than adequate, my 260 can handle the load just fine, it's just that the cursor seems to "float" behind when I move it as opposed to just smoothly and quickly slide from one end of the screen to the other as I'm used to in every other program I run.

Which I've actually grown a bit fond of. It's more like you would move your hand in real life. You don't "jerk" your finger around in quick movements when pointing at stuff. You accelerate your fingertip, then slow it down as it closes on the object you want to point at (through the miracle of your brain and your muscles coordinating in a truly magical way), so much so that you probably don't even notice it yourself. I know I don't. Or didn't, until I started paying attention.

Similarly, if you were using a periscope in real life, you wouldn't just go from a bearing of 0 degrees to, say, 127 degrees in one quick, robotic move like you'd move your mouse cursor from the left of your screen to the right. You'd slide it around quickly until you closed on 127, then you'd slow down until you hit the mark.

Anyway, it's OK by me. I don't have ridiculously low frame rates and the screen doesn't "stutter", the cursor just seems to be a bit behind my brain.

The one thing I'm wondering about, though, is why on earth you would use a software cursor instead of a hardware one in the first place. If only there was a way to disable that the same way you can in lots of other games.

Oh well. It's all good. Enjoying the heck out of this sim anyway :DL

Raven_2012
02-22-12, 02:18 AM
Didn't work for me either but, then again, I've never been able to get anti-lag to do anything for me. Made sense, though, because having the pre-rendered frames set to 2 in anti-lag while leaving it at nVidia's preferred 3 in nVidia CP might cause some confusion in the software.

All I got from using it was what I've gotten every single time I've tried to use anti-lag before: The mouse cursor "lags" just as bad as before, only now it skips frames making it "jumpy" as well.

I don't know why I'm the only one in the universe who can't get that thing to help my nVidia card make the mouse cursor movement smoother. Mind you, I'm not really complaining. My FPs's are still more than adequate, my 260 can handle the load just fine, it's just that the cursor seems to "float" behind when I move it as opposed to just smoothly and quickly slide from one end of the screen to the other as I'm used to in every other program I run.

Which I've actually grown a bit fond of. It's more like you would move your hand in real life. You don't "jerk" your finger around in quick movements when pointing at stuff. You accelerate your fingertip, then slow it down as it closes on the object you want to point at (through the miracle of your brain and your muscles coordinating in a truly magical way), so much so that you probably don't even notice it yourself. I know I don't. Or didn't, until I started paying attention.

Similarly, if you were using a periscope in real life, you wouldn't just go from a bearing of 0 degrees to, say, 127 degrees in one quick, robotic move like you'd move your mouse cursor from the left of your screen to the right. You'd slide it around quickly until you closed on 127, then you'd slow down until you hit the mark.

Anyway, it's OK by me. I don't have ridiculously low frame rates and the screen doesn't "stutter", the cursor just seems to be a bit behind my brain.

The one thing I'm wondering about, though, is why on earth you would use a software cursor instead of a hardware one in the first place. If only there was a way to disable that the same way you can in lots of other games.

Oh well. It's all good. Enjoying the heck out of this sim anyway :DL

I was having same jerky mouse. It was only in the interior of sub after I put steelvikings interior mod in. I think the new gauges effect fps some what. I did The anti lag thing and like you didnt notice anything, so I took it off. I tried it again and set it, still nothing. When I saw setting in nvidia I changed it to 2, I did notice much of the stuttering mouse in interior is down, still a tiny bit.

I do get OK frame rates before tweak.

Charlie901
02-22-12, 10:15 PM
It may have worked for me due to my using an ATI card and leaving all settings Default, in Catalyst Control Center.

Jan Kyster
02-23-12, 12:08 AM
...the cursor just seems to be a bit behind my brain.Try a gaming mouse. Went from a Logitech 550 (or something?) to a Razer DeathAdder and it completely solved all my mouse troubles.

Anti-lag didn't do anything and wanted to keep the ATI on highest settings.

Best of luck! :ping:

misha1967
02-23-12, 01:48 AM
That's an idea. Never thought of replacing the mouse as I've always been quite happy with my standard, 5-button thingummajig, but that might be an idea too!

ReallyDedPoet
02-24-12, 09:21 PM
Anyone know where I can find this, thanks :yep:

THE_MASK
02-24-12, 09:33 PM
Anyone know where I can find this, thanks :yep:downloads\utilities .
if you have a good cpu then put the config as

[config]
RenderAheadLimit=5
FPSlimit=38

ReallyDedPoet
02-24-12, 10:27 PM
downloads\utilities .
if you have a good cpu then put the config as

[config]
RenderAheadLimit=5
FPSlimit=38

Thanks Sober :up:

NECyclone
03-07-12, 10:57 PM
This antilag really helped me. Am now playing stutter free at 1920x1080 with setting at max. Game is very pretty. I am using antilag settings of draw ahead - 1 and frames capped at 35. :)