View Full Version : This was so tempting

RConch
02-21-12, 02:03 PM
Date: 11/15/39
Time: 21:20hrs
Weather: clear
Sea state: dead flat
KM Grid: BF 15

I am checking the charts, when the bridge watch alerts-ship sighted. Rush to the bridge and at an almost perfect 90 degrees and approx 15,000m are two perfectly fat large tankers going 9 knots.
Except they were twinkling like a christmas window in a Berlin shop. Both of them on course to the St. George Channel with their percious oil for England.
I decide to give the boys some practice and begin moving to starboard until at 5,000m with them at 30 degrees, I go decks awash.
Come in totally unnoticed to 2,000m, resist that urge to fire and break off to port at 1800m into the dark.
They never knew I was there.
20,000GRT off to England safe and sound.:arrgh!:

Harald_Lange
02-21-12, 02:10 PM
Not quite been here long enough to get the real point of the joke, but I'm sure I heard something around here about being MORE AGGRESSIVE :haha:

frau kaleun
02-21-12, 02:14 PM
Not quite been here long enough to get the real point of the joke, but I'm sure I heard something around here about being MORE AGGRESSIVE :haha:

If they were lit up at night, they were neutral ships. Sailing through a war zone, yes, but still off-limits unless one wants to take the penalty for sinking them.

Or has modded it out. :arrgh!:

RConch
02-21-12, 02:20 PM
No modding out.
Straight GWX.
*sigh*

Raticon
02-21-12, 02:21 PM
Those moments i wish i could fire a dud torpedo on the on purpose, merely for the fun of imagining the crew go absolutely bananas when woken up in the middle of the night to an epic metallic *CLAAAANG!!!* towards the hull, followed by another *DOOOONG!!!* against the hull of the other ship.

Guess some pants are gonna get brown and some life-rafts inflated in world-record time after that! :D

Nice job!

andwii
02-21-12, 03:59 PM
Why is it you never find any non juicy non enemy ships. Its always a troop transport or a huge tanker. Rage face. lol

maillemaker
02-21-12, 04:07 PM
Yah the neutrals always have the big stuff!! :(