PDA

View Full Version : At Last a working SH3 with windows 7

QC01
02-20-12, 09:11 PM
Since purchasing a new computer with window's 7 , I have had nothing but grieve when down loading SH3 , mind you the D/L went well , the GWX Gold edition D/L went also well , the problem was that I could not get past three patrols before I suffered a CTD . Even with the 4 G patch I still would end up with a CTD !
What total frustration knowing that all the books I have purchased , the movie
Das Boot , all this info on tactics and strategies which I wanted to relive in the simulation was in danger of being put aside , even forgotten .
However I had no intention to raise the Black Flag on this Sim.
Turning to this forum for assistance , I came across a member's suggestion of
down loading a freeware called Game Booster 3 .
I unfortunately do not recall the members forum name and I apologize for this .
Since following the members advice , I have completed 8 patrols for a total sinking of 84,000 tons , I am off the coast of Scotland heading towards the Rockall Bank .
My many thanks to this member and to all who give up their time to further the quality of this Sub Simulation , I am one happy Kaleun .

Fubar2Niner
02-21-12, 04:01 PM
Glad to hear you are sorted kaleun. This community is undoubtedly the friendliest and most helpful it has been my pleasure to be a member of :salute:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

flag4
02-21-12, 04:15 PM
Since purchasing a new computer with window's 7 , I have had nothing but grieve when down loading SH3 , mind you the D/L went well , the GWX Gold edition D/L went also well , the problem was that I could not get past three patrols before I suffered a CTD . Even with the 4 G patch I still would end up with a CTD !
What total frustration knowing that all the books I have purchased , the movie
Das Boot , all this info on tactics and strategies which I wanted to relive in the simulation was in danger of being put aside , even forgotten .
However I had no intention to raise the Black Flag on this Sim.
Turning to this forum for assistance , I came across a member's suggestion of
down loading a freeware called Game Booster 3 .
I unfortunately do not recall the members forum name and I apologize for this .
Since following the members advice , I have completed 8 patrols for a total sinking of 84,000 tons , I am off the coast of Scotland heading towards the Rockall Bank .
My many thanks to this member and to all who give up their time to further the quality of this Sub Simulation , I am one happy Kaleun .

QC01 glad to hear you are sailing smoothly. it would interesting to know what spec you have with windows7 ?

i also have it now with a quad-core. i got a cheap version of sh3 from amazon. it was already patched to 1.4 and starforce free.

i need no disk and it loads in just under 2 minutes rather than the old 10 minutes. i used to use http://alacritypc.kensalter.com/ this programme shuts down - or should i say, i was able to shut down nearly 100 background programmes that gobbled up valuable power and space. it is a little tricky to set up but there is an easy install guide on the web sight. found it shut down way more programmes than BOOSTER.

good hunting!