PDA

View Full Version : hd7970

hsj45
02-18-12, 06:49 PM
I just got a new pc and a video card and a power supply.But sh5 lags alot dont know why at night its the worst i try without mods and with mods same.It flickers alot and lags my settings are at full even when i put all settings on lowest same.
my specs are-powerspec g-180 3.4 ghz i7 2600k,windows 7, 8gb ddr3, power supply 750 watts, msi hd radeon 7970 screen size 1920x1080

Can anybody tell me why sh5 dont work great have any ideas.

THE_MASK
02-18-12, 06:54 PM
Download the shadow improvement mode lite . Use the lite version .
Put your shadows slider in the ingame graphics options to halfway .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1943

Downlopad antilag , put it in your main game folder (dont use mod enabler ) change the settingss to
[config]
RenderAheadLimit=2
FPSlimit=0

hsj45
02-19-12, 12:05 AM
Downlopad antilag what is that :o

misha1967
02-19-12, 02:00 AM
It's three files you can find here http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/BadgerFinn

The readme.txt (one of the files) contains full instructions, but the basics is change the settings in antilag.cfg (those are the settings sober mentioned), then drop that file as well as d3d9.dll into your game folder (the one with sh5.exe in it).

You can experiment with different values in the antilag.cfg file, and if it doesn't do anything for you, all you have to do is to simply delete the two files from your game directory and all will be back to the way it was before. :DL

hsj45
02-19-12, 01:12 PM
I was thinking maybe i need a bigger power supply 1000w because this card should run sh5 great.I got this card because i was going to get IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover.But if im having problem running sh5 i have no chance to play il-2 its even greater in graphics.:damn:

0rpheus
02-19-12, 01:49 PM
I was thinking maybe i need a bigger power supply 1000w because this card should run sh5 great.I got this card because i was going to get IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover.But if im having problem running sh5 i have no chance to play il-2 its even greater in graphics.:damn:

Most of the info I can find online indicates 750w should be fine for a single card of that type. If you're running crossfire though, I'm not so sure.

Download the antilag .dll file linked above, edit the cfg file as directed and drop both files into your SH5 folder (where the .exe is). This will solve most of your fps problems. Turning down the shadows, texture quality and particle sliders in game will also help, as will reducing the bitmap quality in your Catalyst Control Centre.

One thing you don't mention is what resolution you're playing at; higher resolutions will increase the GPU workload. Drop to a single monitor & retry if this is the case. I run both Ciffs of Dover & SH5 on a Core i5 @ 3.6g & a GTX570 1.28g, 8g of ram so your system shuld be more than adequate for both games.

Captain_AJ
02-19-12, 03:24 PM
When your video card is driving the FPs in the game . You might have to also in clude anti-lag and also turn down your graphic settings in the game .. Under options graphic settings .. MY FPS Jumped two fold when I did this . And I have a ati card with 1 gig ram on the card and with all the experminting on setings the best setting for me was to use ant-lag @ 2. and 33 , with the graphic settings in the game turned all the way down :salute:

hsj45
02-19-12, 03:50 PM
Im running no crossfire and my screen size is 1920x1080 ill keep trying with the settings and stuff.I been trying to overclock my card too but the same results.:hmmm:My other games i play run great at full settings.GTR Evo,Silent Hunter 4,Red Orchestra,Supreme Commander 2,Company of Heroes,Battlefield 3,Command & Conguer 3 Tiberium Wars.It cost me over $600 on a video card so i could play great graphic games at full settings.:arrgh!:

0rpheus
02-19-12, 08:32 PM
Im running no crossfire and my screen size is 1920x1080 ill keep trying with the settings and stuff.I been trying to overclock my card too but the same results.:hmmm:My other games i play run great at full settings.GTR Evo,Silent Hunter 4,Supreme Commander 2,Company of Heroes,Battlefield 3,Command & Conguer 3 Tiberium Wars.It cost me over $600 on a video card so i could play great graphic games at full settings.:arrgh!:

Ah fair enough, was worth asking. Try the antilag file, set to frames rendered ahead = 2 and framerate cap at anything from 35-55, and let us know your results.

hsj45
02-21-12, 06:42 PM
I cant get sh5 to run great i wonder why at night time when i moving outside the sub it lags bad i cant move normal daytime on deck moves normal.I got a great card msi hd 7970 i want to play at full settings i hate low settings thats the point i buy this card.:arrgh!:any ideas on that stuff:o

Morlock
02-21-12, 06:53 PM
Have you tried antilag as suggested?

hsj45
02-21-12, 07:32 PM
yup tryed that tryed all no luck same cant tell diff.:hmmm:

pants_marshall
02-21-12, 07:59 PM
Your best bet tbh is to post on the amd forums http://forums.amd.com/game/ :up:

Unfortunatly ATI are not making very good drivers these days compared to ten years ago.:nope:
There are separate drivers for your card compared to the 6xxx series and lower cards from ATI at the moment so your better off using those. >>>HERE (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/hd7900seriesvistasupport.aspx)<<<

For me i have 2 5770 but SH locks up my PC if i run them in Xfire infact most of my games i have to turn Xfire off or i get worse performance (work that one out then??? :yawn:).
So in other words i have very cheap gfx cards (if you can still find them around these days), which run 2 monitors at 1920x1080, not eyefinity but i use the second for browsing or watching a film on but can run the game fine without AA and shadows off everything else that side is in the middle of the slider with high textures and all the other eye candy ticked.:yeah:

0rpheus
02-21-12, 08:18 PM
yup tryed that tryed all no luck same cant tell diff.:hmmm:

Did you try tweaking the settings in the .cfg file? I've never heard of anyone not noticing a difference with antilag - check you installed it properly by putting the files in the right folder alongside your SH5.exe, and experiment with different settings (2.5 for render ahead, up to 60 for frame rate limit) before giving up on it.

By 'moving around outside the sub' at night, do you mean walking the deck etc to get to the deck gun, that kind of thing?

Your card is a bit more powerful than mine (GTX 570, your system is more powerful too) and I run it fine at high textures etc. Try decreasing particle density or texture level in game. Finally, check you installed the card correctly.

:salute:

For me i have 2 5770 but SH locks up my PC if i run them in Xfire infact most of my games i have to turn Xfire off or i get worse performance (work that one out then??? :yawn:).

I used to use 2x 5770s and found them ok (curiously enough SH5 worked fine in crossfire for me with those cards, other games didn't though). :hmmm:

TheDarkWraith
02-21-12, 09:03 PM
Just get a GTX590 and be done with it :yep: You can max out near everything for any game and have never had any problems :yeah:

misha1967
02-22-12, 01:41 AM
One observation I made while tweaking the graphics settings for my own fairly powerful machine was that "low" graphics settings on the options screen don't translate into "ugly graphics." As a matter of fact, a lot of the changes you might make are barely noticeable in the sim but have a huge impact on frame rates.

I found this out mainly by trial and an attitude of "dammit! let's just cut out this particular feature entirely and see what happens", then loading and checking it out. And I found that some of my setting changes created a world of difference in smoothness and FPS why making not a whole lot of difference in the "pretty" factor of the sim itself.

As a matter of fact, just for the hell of it, I minimized everything just to see what a "poor man's SH5" looked like and it was still prettier than most anything I'd ever seen.

So my final conclusion was that SH5, from minimum settings to all of the bells and whistles maxed out, goes from "prettier than anything I've seen before" to "Oh my God, this is a dang MOVIE."

To be more specific: Forcing vsync off made a huge difference, and I don't need it to begin with. That was mainly for CRTs and nobody uses those anymore. Shadows? Sure, maxing them out is pretty, but not doing so really doesn't make a lot of difference to me. I don't notice their absence anymore. Reflections from the water upon the hulls ("caustic effects")? Pretty too, and I can switch them on in-game when I'm at sea where I already have more FPS's than I'll ever need, but I'm not really paying attention to them anyway.

I still don't understand why my rig, which can run every other game I know at max everything without a glitch, can't quite handle this one at max settings, but the difference between max and lower settings, in MY opinion, isn't really all that much and certainly not worth bogging your system down over.

Don't be afraid to experiment with the settings. Most of them you can change in-game and the few that require a restart well, it's not all that much of a wait.

hsj45
02-23-12, 04:22 PM
All working great now it was the watts i buy 1000w power supply 750w was not enouth for the msi hd 7970.Thay should have put that on the info about the power supply it said only 500w:damn: i buy 750w now 1000w allgood now settings play on full.:DLThanks for the info and help all:salute: