PDA

View Full Version : changing the campaign start date

Clara Bow
02-15-12, 09:00 AM
Hi All, I'd like to start a campaign, playing untill i eventually get sunk. Then starting another campaign as another captain from the date i got sunk and basically continuing through the war with the objective of reaching the end of the war with as few uboat losses as possible.

i thought this could be an interesting way to see the whole war without the unrealistic way of realoading everytime i die. Unfortunalty i cant see a way of picking my own start date, only the year. Is there a way to do this?

u crank
02-15-12, 09:17 AM
Welcome to Subsim Clara Bow. :salute:

With SH3 Commander you can pick year and month you wish to start career.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2923

TDK1044
02-15-12, 09:18 AM
You can do it if you're running Silent Hunter 3 Commander. You can choose the year, month, and sub that you want. :)

Clara Bow
02-15-12, 10:18 AM
Exellent, Thanks for the quick answer, downloading it now, im presuming it works with GWX3 and jsgme, guess ill find out shortly :up:

TDK1044
02-15-12, 10:23 AM
Exellent, Thanks for the quick answer, downloading it now, im presuming it works with GWX3 and jsgme, guess ill find out shortly :up:

Yes, it works perfectly with GWX and JSGME. SH3 Commander is a totally seperate install. Once you've downloaded it, go into it and set all the perameters you want, then you run SHIII from within SH3 Commander and all your settings get loaded in the game. One setting that I LOVE in SH3 Commander is the 'no crew fatigue' setting. I used to get so fed up with having to micro manage my crew. :)

Clara Bow
02-15-12, 11:01 AM
SH3 Commander up and running and im impressed. :yeah:

Ive been playing SH3 on and off for years, admittedly just for 3 or 4 patrols before going off and doing something else then coming back and starting again, and im still learning just how great this game is :rock:

RConch
02-15-12, 01:39 PM
Sometimes AMC does a special on you and your movies.
America's sweetheart-welcome aboard!:salute: