PDA

View Full Version : Time Compression Question

lucasner
02-10-12, 10:11 PM
When leaving Lorient, the game will sometimes let me crank the TC all the way up while still in the harbor, but then will make it drop back down to 1x and not let me increase it. I figure this has something to do with the Land Proximity TC, but does anyone know what the specifics for this are? Why let me go to 128x sometimes, but then back down to 1x?

Is there anyway to modify this to let me crank it all the way up while still in harbor? I'm impatient and don't like spending 30-40 minutes just getting out of the harbor on 1x.

Thanks,

Dave

Victor Schutze
02-10-12, 10:29 PM
Do you play sh3 with ShCommander?

lucasner
02-10-12, 10:37 PM
No, not yet. I have ben hearing nothing but good things, but haven't gotten myhself around to completely reload everything so it will work with GWX.

Is there anyway to go into the data files to fix it?

Raptor
02-10-12, 11:42 PM
THe sort answer is Yes, you can crank up the TC in the harbor. The downside to that is that TC will still drop to 1 every time you encounter a friendly vessel in the harbor, and there are a lot of them in GWX, even without mods.

Edit c:/your root directory/SilentHunterIII/data/Cfg/Main.cfg
AND if you have ever run this copy of SH3 and have thereby created the SH3 (or whatever name you gave it) directory for saved games in /My Documents, the game creates a copy of your root directory's Main.cfg in this new directory: you'll need to change that copy too.

My Documents/SH3 (or whatever name you gave this)/data/Cfg/Main.cfg

=============

Here's mine:

Note that I've increased maximum TC for several parameters; most noteably LandProximity and Maximum. Don't overdrive your system's capabilities. You'll need a very good video card and processor to handle 4096 max TC without stuttering, very low frame rates, or a total CTD.

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=512 <= SH3 default is 4
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=1 <= default is 8; you'll die fast that way!
RadioReport=8
Particles=128 <= default is 8
PrayState=128 <= default is 8
HunterState=128 <= default is 32
3DRender=32
Maximum=4096 <= default is 1024

Sailor Steve
02-11-12, 12:09 AM
No, not yet. I have ben hearing nothing but good things, but haven't gotten myhself around to completely reload everything so it will work with GWX.

Is there anyway to go into the data files to fix it?
You don't have to reload anything to get Commander to work with GWX. Commander is not a mod, it's an external program that works with any mod.