PDA

View Full Version : I'm finishing my first book

VonApist
02-09-12, 10:23 AM
Hi to all. Not logging in muc the past months. I became a father for the second time, and I also took some time to write.

So Im finishing my first book .. and guess the subject!

Looking for publishers in the UK or US, although Im Greek its written in English

If you guys can be of any help, it will be much appreciated.
Once its done, and If i manage to publish (first time writers have a hard time) I'll make a space for forum members to order it for free.:yeah:

All the Best
Von Apist

Herr-Berbunch
02-09-12, 11:05 AM
Cheapest and easiest way - Kindle.

Check out this link to see how. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-2040044/Kindle-How-make-million-writing-e-book.html

The biggest downside going this route is there is no editor to double-check your work.

I've got a friend who has recently published her first novel (both Kindle and hard copy) and it took a very long time.

Good luck :yeah:

von Kinderei
02-09-12, 12:54 PM
Both congrats and good luck :yeah:

diluvian
02-09-12, 10:55 PM
Oppaaa! :woot:

Brag
02-10-12, 09:55 AM
First of all, congratahoochies.

The most likely publisher got militsry type books is Presidio Press

You should have a query letter where you hook the publisher or agent in the first paragraph. Example:

Dear Mr. Hogg.
In my 85,000 word novel Tanker Alley, The war on the Atlantic rages. Capt. Helmut is determined to do his duty against all odds. But, he has a surprise coming

you also need to include a one page single space synopsis of the whole story including the ending

Include the first three chapters.

Google Literary Agents, on their sites they tell you how to query them. In the US only NYC agents .

There is a site called the Water Cooler, lots of good info on publishing there

Donīt accept anything where they ask for money. Those are scams.

You can check the reputation of an Agent or publisher on the site
Editors and preditors.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Best of luck :salute:

VonApist
02-12-12, 11:25 AM
BRAG
Thank you is an understatement!
Thanks a lot, will inquire and let u know

flag4
02-12-12, 01:43 PM
...congratulations and great luck with your new book:up::woot::arrgh!::yeah::yep: