PDA

View Full Version : If Screen Capture crashes your system, here is your fix!

maillemaker
02-09-12, 08:04 AM
After Frau Kaleun suggested the 4GB patch to get the Merchant Fleet Mod to work on my system, I had a hunch that perhaps the screen capture was causing crash to desktop because of a resource problem.

So I tried screen capture after installing the 4GB patch, and lo and behold, it now works!

So it looks like the inability to do screen captures may be related to a lack of system resources.

Steve

vanjast
02-09-12, 02:01 PM
This might have something to do with your screen resolution and Virtual Memory settings (that disk space Win uses as memory).
I think if this is too small windoze runs out of memory.

I have 2 disks and set each maxed at 4GB so have a total of 8GB VM.
:)

frau kaleun
02-09-12, 02:14 PM
It's probably a fix for some, but never worked for me. The problem in my game seemed to be use of the Hi Res Fix, which is known to cause CTDs on screenshot for some people. It never caused problems for me when I was on Win XP but after upgrading to Win 7 I couldn't take screencaps with it enabled no matter what I tried (with or without the 4GB patch). I too had hopes that the extra RAM available to the game would be the solution but it wasn't for me.

Gave up the Hi Res fix and switched to Conus's Widescreen stuff instead and that's when I got screencaps back. :yeah: