PDA

View Full Version : 1st person camera still having problems/Help

Dogfish40
02-07-12, 11:43 AM
:damn: I've posted this before so I'll include a couple of x-tra items

My 1st person camera is still whacked. When I go to the bridge at first I am about a foot taller than the rest of the watch. This is OK, I know that this is common for everyone. As I step forward to the left or the right of the UZO the camera steps down. Now I'm as tall as the rest of the watch.
Now, the problem; If the sea is the slightest bit wavy, and I am on the left side of the UZO (the right as well), I start bobbing up and down (seemingly a couple of feet). My fix for this is to place myself directly behind the UZO (Ruining my wonderful view). It's almost as if the camera is losing sync with the deck. If the sea is very rough this will happen to a lesser extent inside the boat, if I'm located off the center line.
How can I get the camera to stay in sync with the floor? This has happen before and after reinstalls of the game, (I've done two). I can't seem to track down any particular mod that is causing this. :damn:
Does this happen to anyone else???

OK, question two. I'm using TDW's Mods, The UI mod states (I think) then I dive I'm supposed to stop at 40mtrs (?) ...I don't, I just keep right on going. This goes for crash dives as well, we don't stop as 120 or whatever we just keep right on going.
Does the "Mighty Fine Crew" mod or the "DSBM" mods effect the dive at all??

Danke, fellow Kaleuns
D40 :salute:

Michael13
02-07-12, 01:38 PM
About dive depths - modders set it to quite deep (40 and 120 meters is standart depths for unmodded game, not for TDW UI). You can change it in ...\Silent Hunter 5\data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7a\NSS_Uboat7a.cfg file (for VIIA boat, for other boats - other folders). Just open it via notepad and I think you will understand.

About camera don't know, didn't happen to me. Except bobbing near UZO. Saw that only twice, but not for long.

Dogfish40
02-07-12, 01:45 PM
About dive depths - modders set it to quite deep (40 and 120 meters is standart depths for unmodded game, not for TDW UI). You can change it in ...\Silent Hunter 5\data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7a\NSS_Uboat7a.cfg file (for VIIA boat, for other boats - other folders). Just open it via notepad and I think you will understand.

About camera don't know, didn't happen to me. Except bobbing near UZO. Saw that only twice, but not for long.

Thanks, I'll check that file and see what we've got.
As far as the camera, the bridge next to the UZO is the worst, and it's all the dang time.
Thanks again Michael.