PDA

View Full Version : How to mod a STEAM version of SH5?

ripit
02-03-12, 11:16 AM
Anyone please tell me how to install mods on my SH5 bought and downloaded thorugh STEAM. After a normal install from disc I would have been able to place my game anywhere on my pc, but now, using STAM I cannot seem to find a folder containing my SH5.exe and think I need to find that folder to install the different mods!?
Please help me!
Thanks, all!

Trevally.
02-03-12, 11:49 AM
Look here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5
:up:

and welcome to subsim:)

Raven_2012
02-03-12, 12:07 PM
Anyone please tell me how to install mods on my SH5 bought and downloaded thorugh STEAM. After a normal install from disc I would have been able to place my game anywhere on my pc, but now, using STAM I cannot seem to find a folder containing my SH5.exe and think I need to find that folder to install the different mods!?
Please help me!
Thanks, all!

I am using the Steam version of the game and can tell you all you need to know.

I am using Windows 7, so hope you can follow.

The easiest way I find the main folder for SH5 is, if you have a shortcut of it on your desktop, right click on the icon. Then on bottom of list select properties. You should now have a little window. Not all the way on bottom, there will be a tab on left that says "Open File Location", click it. There it will send you to your main folder. On top it should tell you the folder address on your PC. Mine is: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/silent hunter 5.

If you haven't already got JSGME, go here and get it:
http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html

OK, once its downloaded move it into your main silent hunter 5 folder and run it. It will ask you is this the folder you want to install it into, say ok. Create a desktop shortcut, when asked.

OK, you can delete the jsgme_setup.exe from the silent hunter 5 main folder location. In the same folder there should be a JSGME icon (it looks like a upper case G in yellow), click it to run it. When you run it, it will ask to create a MODS folder, say OK to that, after that you are all done.

What I do now since I have a lot of mods and hate navigating back and forth to main silent hunter 5 folder. I right click on the MODS folder and go to send to, then send a shortcut to desktop. This way all I have to do is find the MODS shortcut on desktop and move my mods I want to add in there.

All you have to do is download your mods and put them in folder and run the JSGME on desktop and enable them. One thing to keep in mind, some of the mods that are downloaded have other folders within the main mod folder. Sometimes they are different options for the mod. To know if the mod will work right, the main mod folder (what ever its name is) will have another folder inside called data and sometimes Documents.

For example: Accurate German Flags has a folder in there called data, like most of the mods. This one is ready to go, just put the Accurate German Flags mod folder into the MODS folder on the desktop and enable it in JSGME.

NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith, when zipped has other folders with in it. There is main UI mod and other mods. So keep that in mind, there may be multiple mods within a zipped mod download.

This should get you going on right path.

ripit
02-03-12, 01:27 PM
Thank you both for your fast reply! I have allready managed to download and install JSGME in my SH5 folder!
All I need now is to find some of all the nice mods out there! Which ones to choose? Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Trevally.
02-03-12, 01:33 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=190656
:up:

ripit
02-08-12, 07:12 PM
I've been experimenting a bit and so far my list of activated mods look like this:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS]
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (light) V2.1
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.0.0
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_jimimadrids_map_tools
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision_Black_Ski n
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_No_Snorkel_Exhaust_Smoke
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_New_radio_messages_German
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6
Accurate German Flags
smaller flags for Warships
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.6
TDW_Mines_Subnets_Detectable_in_hydro (OH II v1.6)
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
sobers best ever fog V4 SH5
sobers chimney smoke V2
Shadow Improvement Mod
Kriegsmarine Grid Map for MO and TDW UIs by stoianm

I'm not sure, if I have installed them in the correct order, but it all looks very nice....!

Thanks again!

Raven_2012
02-09-12, 02:54 PM
I've been experimenting a bit and so far my list of activated mods look like this:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS]
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (light) V2.1
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.0.0
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_jimimadrids_map_tools
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision_Black_Ski n
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_No_Snorkel_Exhaust_Smoke
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_New_radio_messages_German
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6
Accurate German Flags
smaller flags for Warships
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.6
TDW_Mines_Subnets_Detectable_in_hydro (OH II v1.6)
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
sobers best ever fog V4 SH5
sobers chimney smoke V2
Shadow Improvement Mod
Kriegsmarine Grid Map for MO and TDW UIs by stoianm

I'm not sure, if I have installed them in the correct order, but it all looks very nice....!

Thanks again!

You should look for ones called A Fistful of Emblems and A Fistful of Emblems weathers. Also when you install those there should be an Equip_Upgrades_Fix_1_4_AFFOE (this is for A fist full of emblems).

So main mods should go in this order,
FX_update
TDC_UIs
IRAI_0_0_30
IRAI_upgrade_0_0_31
A Fistful of emblems
A Fistful of emblems weathered
Equip_Upgrades_Fix_1_4_AFFOE
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_4
(There should be a Equpiment_Upgrade patch. What I do is disable the mods, and move them to desktop and when I download the patch, move the data from the patch file to the regular one and overwrite it. Then I move the two folders back in mod folder and activate them.)

I like to put Accurate German flags after OHII, because they have better looking flags.

When you patch the Equipment_Upgrades mods you don't need NOZAURIO'S SKIN, because its added in there.

I don't use Shadow Improvement mod, It slows my system down.

You might be able to use Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (normal)

I like to use stoianm realistic color exterior mod (low color)v1. I add that after Dynamic Environment Mod, It changes the tint color of the exterior world. To me it makes game look more realistic and gets rid of that game looking color.

The rest is up to you to try out, you should be ok if you keep those main mods in that order, because most of them alter the UBoot_sensors.sim file.

Raven_2012
02-09-12, 02:56 PM
You should look for ones called A Fistful of Emblems and A Fistful of Emblems weathers. Also when you install those the should be an Equip_Upgrades_Fix_1_4_AFFOE (this is for A fist full of emblems)

So main mods should go in this order,
FX_update
TDC_UIs
IRAI_0_0_30
IRAI_upgrade_0_0_31
A Fistful of emblems
A Fistful of emblems weathered
Equip_Upgrades_Fix_1_4_AFFOE
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_4
(There should be a Equpiment_Upgrade patch. What I do is disable the mods, and move them to desktop and when I download the patch, move the data from the patch file to the regular one and overwrite it. Then I move the two folders back in mod folder and activate them.)

I like to put Accurate German flags after OHII, because they have better looking flags.

When you patch the Equipment_Upgrades mods you don't need NOZAURIO'S SKIN, because its added in there.

I don't use Shadow Improvement mod, It slows my system down.

You might be able to use Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (normal)

I like to use stoianm realistic color exterior mod (low color)v1. I add that after Dynamic Environment Mod, It changes the tint color of the exterior world. To me it makes game look more realistic and gets rid of that game looking color.

The rest is up to you to try out, you should be ok if you keep those main mods in that order, because most of them alter the UBoot_sensors.sim file.

Equip_Upgrades_Fix_1_4_AFFOE comes with the Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_4 download.

Raven_2012
02-09-12, 04:20 PM
Here is my mod list, some are ones I edited or just took certain parts from other mods:

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/therealcrow999/ModOrderListpt1.jpg

Bottom part:

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/therealcrow999/ModOrderListpt2.jpg

:ping:

BLACK_FLAME
04-30-12, 02:05 AM
Thanks for the info i just downloaded the game off Steam! Is this thread still active if i have any questions.