PDA

View Full Version : MiTons Voice Recognition quick install guide

Maki4444
01-25-12, 03:30 PM
So, I would just like to make a quick guide which states the solutions to many minor problems that I fought with for 4 hours trying to install the MiTons voice recognition mod.

This is to help all those that wish to enjoy this marvel of a mod :)

So here we go.

There are two versions of the mod. An English and German one. The English one is for shouting commands in English and the German one for shouting commands in German.

Download the version you wish. For the English version you need to extract the proper folder (one is for the stock version of the game, one is for the NewUI mod from TDW and one is for the MO - MagnumOpus mod)
Drag the folder into your MODS folder in e.g. C:\Ubisoft\SilentHunter5\MODS
Install via JSGME.
Now you need to check if the microphone is working, so open the SHSpeechengine test.exe in th MiTons folder which you extracted to the MODS folder.

Say "all ahead slow" in English. If it says that the command couldn't be recognised, your mic is perhaps on a low volume. Go to control panel, Sound, click the second tab from the left, double click on the microphone icon, in the new window go to the tab which says sound and there raise the sound to 100 and also max the amplifier which is below the sound bar.

Take the test again, it should work. Now start the game. You should now see in the top right corner a mic icon. Click on it, and then click the round button which is next to the "enable" sign, until the button glows yellow.
Try the commands, you should be ready to go :D

The next part is a bit tricky because it's concerning the German voice commands. If your PC language is in English you need to change it to german, this is only concerning the display language. Firefox and other programs will be in english but your recycle bin will now be papierkorb.
To do this go to control panel, regional and language settings, keyboard and language tab, there you will see display language next to a drop down menu, open the menu and select Deutsch. *you must have the grman language pack installed, this pack is usually installed via automatic updates.
After you click ok, Windows will ask you to log off, just click ok, wait a while and voila :D

So now, you should do exactly the same thig that you did with the English version of the mod, only this time use the downloaded German version.
This is a little tricky because to test your voice via the SHSpeechEngin Test.exe you need to lower the confidence level to 60. It won't work if its higher, this is only for the German version. After you have tested your voice with a command like Alle Maschinen Stop. Open the game and test it in game. Don't forget to check mic sound level in the control panel. When you are in the game, click on the microphone icon again, except now you need to lower the confidence level from 70 to 60 (70 is the default) You can do this by scrolling the mouse wheel. After you have scrolled click apply, the wait a while until it takes, or unfreezes. Then click the round button so it turs yellow i.e. enable the mod, because you start out with a disabled one. Now you are done and can play :D

I really hope this helps someone, I waisted 4 hours today reading the German and English groups on SUBSIM, it was a pain but totally worth it :D

quink99
01-25-12, 06:54 PM
Good work, Maki!

As soon as I get my new Windows 7 computer up to speed I'll be joining you with MiTons voice recognition mod. Your tutorial will probably make it a lot easier.

Thanks

Maki4444
01-25-12, 07:35 PM
Good work, Maki!

As soon as I get my new Windows 7 computer up to speed I'll be joining you with MiTons voice recognition mod. Your tutorial will probably make it a lot easier.

Thanks

I wish you good luck kamerad!! :)
If you'll have any problems please feel free to ask.
I'll be more than happy to help if I can