PDA

View Full Version : Modern Aircraft Carrier Operations Simulator

KickAHobo
01-24-12, 06:17 PM
Imagine the game Dangerous Waters. With the stations and autocrew options. Now instead of a Perry class frigate it is a Nimitz class Aircraft carrier.

Now quit drooling and read on.

In Dangerous Waters the Frigate has 2 helos that the player can launch to go on missions and recover. What could the player do with a whole airwing.

Not only does the player have a whole combat airwing at his disposal. He also has various support aircraft, both fixed wing and rotary, several hospitals, living quarters, mess halls, practically unlimited fresh water, nuclear power generators, a massive amount of ordnance and fuel stores, and embarked marines. What could the player accomplish with all these resources you ask? A lot.

Mission options available to the player include obviously attacks on specific targets, close air ground support operations, recon, anti air defense operations, and combat air patrols in support of fleets. Not only are there the flight operations but disaster relief, search and rescue, resupply, and scientific expeditions. With the on board marines the player could conduct ship boarding and overland infantry operations.

Why has this game not been created yet?

http://www.carriercommand.com/ Close but no cigar. (I will still buy this tho)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_Waters:_Antaeus_Rising Old and the same as CC.

Post it up yawllll!

Nippelspanner
01-25-12, 12:21 AM
Would love to see this, but its unlikely I guess...
Thumbs up for this anyways! :up:

KickAHobo
01-25-12, 04:11 AM
I mean if ppl like RTS games why would they not like one where the whole base is a ship and you move it around to different coasts? I know i would pay exorbitant amounts of money to play this game. wink*

Krauter
01-25-12, 09:52 AM
Not meaning to burst your bubble.. but Submarine sims are almost on their last legs.. it's highly unlikely that anyone puts the time, effort, money and takes the risk to produce a CV sim. Too much of a niche market and not enough profit to be made.

Herr-Berbunch
01-25-12, 10:16 AM
Maybe NW:AC will be your thing? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=256

KickAHobo
01-25-12, 03:03 PM
yeah i will deff play NW:AC but that is not exactly what i am looking for.

Sadly i think all the good games are going the way of Myst. no one wants to think anymore or invest any time. Most devs are making games that will make the most money by sacrificing gameplay for mass appeal (which is understandable.)

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission is going to satiate me for a while.

Herr-Berbunch
01-25-12, 06:16 PM
Most devs are making games that will make the most money by sacrificing gameplay for mass appeal (which is understandable.)

Console is king, you can play games, music, movies, speak to people all over the world - how could a PC possibly compete with that? :doh:

magicstix
01-25-12, 07:28 PM
Sounds similar to what I've been working on in my spare time, though what you're describing sounds kind of like fleet command.

KickAHobo
01-27-12, 04:36 PM
Console is king, you can play games, music, movies, speak to people all over the world - how could a PC possibly compete with that? :doh:

HAHAHAHA nice

Sounds similar to what I've been working on in my spare time, though what you're describing sounds kind of like fleet command.

I have Fleet Command but it crashes on startup every time (steam version)
Tell me more about what you are working on i would love to make it happen faster. tho i cant do much.

Dowly
01-27-12, 05:02 PM
If WWIIOL would switch to modern time and move to somewhat more suitable theatre,
this would be a great idea. :yep:

stuya1
08-29-12, 03:44 PM
Ive made an account to reply. There is a game in dev thats called Command modern air/naval operations. Its maybe what you look for. It doesnt have any fancy 3d or specific stations to man, but you will be able to create scenarios as small as land firefights with every man controllable, small ship to ship and fighter engagements to entire combat operations and invasions check it out.
http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1101
I recommend watching the videos!

Herr-Berbunch
08-30-12, 02:04 AM
Welcome aboard, Stuya1 :salute: