PDA

View Full Version : Is there archive of PC stats running SH3 ?

Reverie
01-23-12, 01:44 PM
That is to say, is there a list of machines belonging to Users who are capable of running a Modded SH3 as if the program were an atomic submarine?

Reason being, salespeople and adverts are not interested in promoting a PC that runs Flight Simulator, SH3, and XCOM Apocalypse without pushing the two thousand plus dollars machine that is listed with sparse yet gobbledy-gook stats....:O:

Longing for the days of DOS and Windows 3.11 :cry:

Sincerely,
Reverie :)

PapaKilo
01-23-12, 01:49 PM
List of machines... pc stats.. wth :-?

von Kinderei
01-23-12, 01:51 PM
Build your own machine with whatever ya like :rock:

flag4
01-23-12, 01:55 PM
...a reasonably priced new pc will play most 'old' games like sh3. you will not have to spend 1000's of $'s to play sh3
hope i have understood you!

Reverie
01-24-12, 11:36 AM
That's a Big 10-4, flag4. :up:

Negative, von Kinderei. Eyes too bad, hands shake too much. :dead:

Hello, PapaKilo! I've tried the hit-and-miss purchase, only to find the product was less than satisfactory. Having stated this, I'll report on a recent finding: an online site called TigerDirect and the offering of a
preassembled machine seeming to have some beef. It ships with FreeDOS, but is listed as not having an Operating System (GUI). Am strongly considering this one, and hope it's a hit. :ping:

All this money just to drive a u-boat. :yawn:

Sincerely,
Reverie

TDK1044
01-24-12, 12:24 PM
That's a Big 10-4, flag4. :up:

Negative, von Kinderei. Eyes too bad, hands shake too much. :dead:

Hello, PapaKilo! I've tried the hit-and-miss purchase, only to find the product was less than satisfactory. Having stated this, I'll report on a recent finding: an online site called TigerDirect and the offering of a
preassembled machine seeming to have some beef. It ships with FreeDOS, but is listed as not having an Operating System (GUI). Am strongly considering this one, and hope it's a hit. :ping:

All this money just to drive a u-boat. :yawn:

Sincerely,
Reverie

Sailor Steve has a seven year old rig that runs this game just fine. I run it on a Windows 7 Laptop, and it's outstanding. The system requirements released at the time of release were:

System Requirements:
System:1.4 GHz CPU or equivalent.... 2.0GHz recommended

RAM:512 MB......1024MB recommended

Video Card Memory:64MB.....128 recommended

Hard Drive Space:2000 MB