PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with realism settings

misha1967
01-20-12, 05:45 AM
I like playing with Custom settings (Medium is too easy, Hard is too hard (at this point, I'll get better! :DL )), so I pick Medium when starting a new campaign and then, before actually starting my first patrol, go to Options and add a few ticks to make it harder than default Medium.

The problem is that they don't seem to "take." The reason I know this is that one of the ones I add to default Medium is to get rid of the silly green projectile path for the deck gun, yet every time I man the thing, I get the projectile path anyway.

So now I'm wondering if any of my other changes are taking.

What am I doing wrong?

[UPDATE: Or maybe I'm wrong. I checked the config file in the Documents folder and all of the realism settings there are exactly as I wanted them. Maybe that projectile path appearing in spite of me turning it off is just a bug? If so, it really doesn't matter. I was mainly worried that the other settings weren't enabled either.]

THE_MASK
01-20-12, 08:16 AM
While in the bunker hit the Esc key on your keyboars and go to options . Change the realism settings .

misha1967
01-20-12, 04:49 PM
That's what I did, sober.

I even tried checking the realism settings after I'd accepted my mission but before I started the patrol. But still the projectile path was there once I got on the Boat.

Dogfish40
01-21-12, 10:21 AM
Did you solve this? If not I have a simple question. Are you trying to change the settings on the tutorial mission? If so, that might be your problem.
Otherwise, if you uncheck projectile path box (I forgot what exactly it is called), it will get rid of it.
Hope you got this is sorted out. Good Hunting
D40 :salute:

misha1967
01-22-12, 06:18 PM
Did you solve this? If not I have a simple question. Are you trying to change the settings on the tutorial mission? If so, that might be your problem.
Otherwise, if you uncheck projectile path box (I forgot what exactly it is called), it will get rid of it.
Hope you got this is sorted out. Good Hunting
D40 :salute:

Thanks, Dogfish40. Still working on it but, like I said, it really isn't all that much of an issue as long as my other realism changes have "taken."

No, I'm not changing anything on the tutorial missions, campaign only.

Also, am I understanding you correctly in saying that the box needs to be unchecked to remove the projectile path? Because I thought the same thing initially, you know, errors in translation and all, but noted that the total realism % goes down when I uncheck it and up when I check it, so I assumed that "check" means "no path" as that seems more realistic to me.

Thanks for replying. Not a huge issue, but I'm always grateful for all of the help you can get on these forums.

misha1967
01-24-12, 01:25 AM
OK, I checked it again and I swear that I hadn't done anything different from before, but now it works perfectly. :06:

Good news is: It works. Bad news is: I have no idea why, so I can't help anybody who might have made the same mistake I did.