PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie Question - Radio Messages

winger
01-19-12, 08:17 PM
G'day to all. I have just started playing SH3 with the GW 3 upgrade and currently in my very 1st campain mission. Since leaving the docks I have recieved 3 radio messages so far:

1. at 0400 while I was in the channel;
2. at 0900 at the mouth of the channel, and
3. out at sea.

All are saying the same thing, " Head into the bay to carry out training. Along the way are 3 targets. There is also a 2 ship convoy for simulated attacks."

Question 1. What bay they talking about? No co-ordinates are given,

Question 2. Does this task over ride my original patrol orders? (if so I have stuffed up bad, as I on my way to AN51....LOL)

Sailor Steve
01-19-12, 08:48 PM
WELCOME ABOARD! :sunny:

The orders are for 7th Flotilla (Konigsberg) only. In GWX your first patrol starts August 1, a month before the war begins. The other two flotillas only have you set out and wait. The order to sink ships can be ignored. In fact pretty much any order in SH3 can be ignored. You can do a quick turnaround (just start the patrol and end it again). Then you will be bumped to 28 days later and you can start a real patrol just a few days before the war starts.

Your patrol orders don't really mean much in this game. You can do anything you want. Of course you might have ended up at AN51 and sank some ships, only to find yourself the enemy of everybody because they were still neutral, the war having not started and all.

winger
01-19-12, 09:34 PM
Thanks mate Good to know. Appreciate your time.

Sailor Steve
01-19-12, 10:21 PM
Always glad to help. You'll find us a very friendly community.

Gargamel
01-19-12, 10:28 PM
Personally, I choose to follow the mission orders. I edited my cfg to reflect on station renown awards. Gives me a reason to hit my sector.

I think I'm starting to sound like vendor. :D

Sailor Steve
01-19-12, 11:41 PM
I go to my assigned grid and stay there. If after a week I've seen no traffic at all then I roll a six-sided die. If it comes up 1 I move to an adjacent grid. If not I try again in a week, this time moving on a 1 or a two. And so on. I'm on a patrol right now that had me in an empty sector for three weeks. I finally got ordered to move...to an even worse location. I think this patrol is gonna be kind of dry. :cry: :D

GunterSepp
01-26-12, 04:55 PM
I just finished a patrol off the west coast of Africa and it was the most uneventful patrol ever. I got so bored that I thought about going into Freetown and wreaking some havoc there but I decided against it. Was it normal for a type VIIB to patrol in the EK grid?

Pisces
01-27-12, 10:49 AM
If you enabled the "GWX - Black Sea Campaign Files Only" mod-part of GWX in JSGME as last then you'll find nothing in the world there. The seas will be empty everywhere but the Black Sea.

Similarly the "GWX - Indian Ocean Campaign Files Only". Though this mod-part of GWX has atleast some units present on the west coast of Africa.

Make sure you have either the default GWX campaign (Atlantic and Mediterranean region), or the "GWX - Merged Campaign" mod-part enabled last.

But yeah, even then the world can be quite lonely out there. Keep an eye on the map. Every now or then an icon should pop up on it indicating a position report of a unit. Which could be foe OR friend!

GunterSepp
01-27-12, 02:33 PM
Thanks, maybe I just had some bad luck in that area.