PDA

View Full Version : No option for Type VIIb?

Goatman455
01-19-12, 02:35 AM
I was offered a new boat but it seems to be a VIIc. I would prefer the VIIb as it was a tiny bit faster, any idea why the game skipped this one?

Thanks

Raven_2012
01-19-12, 11:20 PM
I was offered a new boat but it seems to be a VIIc. I would prefer the VIIb as it was a tiny bit faster, any idea why the game skipped this one?

Thanks

I haven't played through the whole campaign myself, I am still second mission. If game uses some sort of basis on historical reality, then certain U-Boats will be available to certain Flotillas at various times during the war. I guess it would depend on your home port and what U-boats Flotilla uses. I know they did that in Silent Hunter 3, if a player wanted to upgrade to a certain type of U-boat class, you had to pick the right home port.

As far as finding what U-boats they use, you could try uboat.net for resources or if you played Silent Hunter 3 - GWX mod, their manual has that information.

http://www.thegreywolves.com/downloads/

Try a different home port and see if that works. Like I said I haven't gotten that far, so I don't know if that option of changing home port is available, I imagine so.