PDA

View Full Version : windows7 sound in sh3

flag4
01-18-12, 01:28 PM
...is it possible to change sound file values in sh3. i want to make diesels sound louder outside the boat. i could do this very effectively in windows xp but in windows7 it only goes up to 100% and its not that loud.

can i change sound values in the script (not sure if 'script' is correct for all that typing and numbers stuff?)

i miss hearing the diesels louder outside the boat
or maybe there is another way?

cheers

PapaKilo
01-18-12, 01:53 PM
Make sure that audio software on your system is set to meet the number of speakers you have.

Sometimes switching to newer or older audio drivers makes differences in volume control..

flag4
01-20-12, 09:02 AM
Make sure that audio software on your system is set to meet the number of speakers you have.

Sometimes switching to newer or older audio drivers makes differences in volume control..

cheers PK

Sailor Steve
01-20-12, 12:02 PM
To adjust individual sound files you can use your computer's onboard Sound Recorder, found in Start/All Probrams/Accessories. I've found it so useful that I keep an icon on my desktop. You can adjust sounds up and down with ease.

flag4
01-20-12, 01:19 PM
To adjust individual sound files you can use your computer's onboard Sound Recorder, found in Start/All Probrams/Accessories. I've found it so useful that I keep an icon on my desktop. You can adjust sounds up and down with ease.

thanks SS. just tried it. i use windows7 so im not sure if i can. with xp i could adjust individual sound files very easily but with windows7 im not sure if i can.
i love the sound of the diesels external - even if unrealistic. there is something very satisfying listening to those sounds as im making dinner or having a snooze!

not sure if i can with 7 though. i have 'sound recorder' but i think i can only record sound. there doesnt seem to be another option or tab to open?

cheers

Sailor Steve
01-20-12, 03:34 PM
Sound Recorder should be able to open the file, then the Effects tab has "Increase Sound by 25%". That should be able to keep increasing until it distorts all to pieces.

On the other hand I'm still stuck with XP, so they may have changed it without telling me.

Madox58
01-20-12, 04:25 PM
Sound recorder don't work that way with Win 7 anymore.
:nope:

Get Audasity or some other free program.

flag4
01-21-12, 09:45 AM
Sound Recorder should be able to open the file, then the Effects tab has "Increase Sound by 25%". That should be able to keep increasing until it distorts all to pieces.

On the other hand I'm still stuck with XP, so they may have changed it without telling me.

XP rules. whish i still had this handy sound adjuster. dont know why they took it out of 7?

cheers privateer

PapaKilo
01-21-12, 12:32 PM
there is something very satisfying listening to those sounds as im making dinner or having a snooze!

Speaking about engine sounds - I'm still addicted to destroyer engine sound, when it goes on medium speed about 10 kn. :DL

Sailor Steve
01-21-12, 01:36 PM

I was unaware they had changed that. Sorry. :oops:

flag4
01-21-12, 02:32 PM
I was unaware they had changed that. Sorry. :oops:

no probs SS.

@privateer. how do i make the file louder in Audacity. i have found the file and heard it. but technically it looks a bit tricky for me and i dont want to screw up the file. is there a simple step by step method to make it louder?

cheers

PapaKilo
01-21-12, 02:35 PM
Diesel generator in the living room should do the trick :D

flag4
01-21-12, 08:02 PM
Diesel generator in the living room should do the trick :D

...and a rack of batteries in the bathroom :haha: