PDA

View Full Version : SH5 2 Answers needed Please

foxface
01-18-12, 11:52 AM
I am running only one mod as new to SH - Its Magnum Opus
:hmmm:
Q1 - How do I move the weapons officer icon and info box from centre of periscope to the bottom right hand side? It gets in the way!!

Q2 - Can anyone give me a list of two or three more mods I can add to enhance my game play w/o crashing my game (and do they need adding in any order)

Thanks in advance - new player

von Kinderei
01-18-12, 12:05 PM
Welcome aboard Kaleun ...

Your system specs would help

MoldyTyler
01-18-12, 12:38 PM
This is my mod list, works, but its not running magnum opus:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[T:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Accurate German Flags
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (normal ) V2.1

Works so far.

TheDarkWraith
01-18-12, 01:58 PM
I am running only one mod as new to SH - Its Magnum Opus
:hmmm:
Q1 - How do I move the weapons officer icon and info box from centre of periscope to the bottom right hand side? It gets in the way!!

Q2 - Can anyone give me a list of two or three more mods I can add to enhance my game play w/o crashing my game (and do they need adding in any order)

Thanks in advance - new player

Q1 - press the L key or go into the option editor and enable it draggable. Once draggable you can place it anywhere you want.

foxface
01-19-12, 04:04 AM
Thank you TDW and MoldyTyler

I'm not sure how to show you my system spec von Kinderei

foxface
01-19-12, 04:40 AM
Hi The dark Wraith, I have used L which is very handy for hiding the Weapos Officer Chap, but Could you please let me know how to enter the options editor to allow it to be draggable? Sorry for being a bit thick, new to all this.

By the way your Mods are great!!

Magic1111
01-19-12, 05:21 AM
:salute::salute::salute:Welcome aboard foxface!!!:salute::salute::salute:

TheDarkWraith
01-19-12, 11:25 AM
Hi The dark Wraith, I have used L which is very handy for hiding the Weapos Officer Chap, but Could you please let me know how to enter the options editor to allow it to be draggable? Sorry for being a bit thick, new to all this.

By the way your Mods are great!!

I wrote an app for editing the options file. Everyone should use this instead of manually editing the file. This will ensure you don't corrupt the file.

You'll find the app in \data\Applications (OptionsEditorViewer.exe)

When you run the app you first have to point it to the mod's menu.txt file. This file is located in Silent Hunter 5\mods\newUIs mod\data\menu

After setting the menu.txt path you have to tell it where to find your SH5 install. Point it to your Silent Hunter 5 folder (all of this is done under the File menu)

Once that is set you can select File-->Open and select the options file to edit (you need to edit the one in the mod folder - \Silent Hunter 5\mods\NewUIs mod\data\Scripts\menu). Ensure you have the mod disabled in JSGME before editing.

Once you've edited the file to your liking save changes and then re-enable mod in JSGME :up:

All the options are categorized into Tabs. You'll see a list of tabs across the top of the app. Select a tab to see all available options in that category.

To edit an option simply double click the option you want to change.

foxface
01-20-12, 04:25 AM
Thank you TDW much appreciated