PDA

View Full Version : What to do next?

ballochboy
01-15-12, 10:12 AM
Hello Shipmates!

This is the second time I have played SH3, it's good at eating up my free time.

I'm looking for someone to give me help or pointers about different issues.

I can't be bothered with going back to the start of the game every time the war ends so can you do anything about this, keeping in mind I would like to keep my crew at the level (with medals) they ended the war at. Along with the same boat and torpedoes I finished in.

I noticed that you can modify your game with add on Apps, where can I get a list of the cheats and instruction on how to install them? Unlimited torpedoes would be somthing I would go for. I hated it when you would be returning from your patrol having used your torprdoes only to bump into a big convoy.

Is there certain shipping lanes I need to be in to go for the BIG navel or merchant ships?

I would be very thankful for any assistance on of these matters as I would like to continue playing SH3

Thanks Shipmates.

What is your Favourite Mod & Why?

PapaKilo
01-15-12, 10:34 AM
Unlimited torps can be set in game without the need of aside apps. Check the difficulty settings..

Edit:
After/if you grow up with the game I might introduce you with realism mods I use. But it's just not the right time for you yet =]

Gargamel
01-15-12, 11:37 AM
I don't believe the war actually does end. I've never seen it

The large navel shipping lanes can be found around Florida.

Buy, TBH, instead of asking such a general question, try reading the multitude of threads already posted here. I guarantee you will find what you want within the last 5 pages of this forum.

PapaKilo
01-15-12, 12:01 PM
I don't believe the war actually does end. I've never seen it

Is it because you never last until it's end ? :haha:

Around England plenty of traffic as well.

Buy, TBH, instead of asking such a general question, try reading the multitude of threads already posted here. I guarantee you will find what you want within the last 5 pages of this forum.

"RTFM" or search the forums does not work for newcomers :) They like to ask live, the part of ignorance and the part of communication it is..

Sailor Steve
01-15-12, 12:02 PM
WELCOME ABOARD! :sunny:

I can't be bothered with going back to the start of the game every time the war ends so can you do anything about this, keeping in mind I would like to keep my crew at the level (with medals) they ended the war at. Along with the same boat and torpedoes I finished in.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "The war ends". Did you play all the way through to 1945? You can start over at pretty much any point you want to, but after the actual end of the war there isn't anything more.

PapaKilo answered your question on torpedoes. I've never used that so I don't know for sure.

Is there certain shipping lanes I need to be in to go for the BIG navel or merchant ships?
There are, but again I can't say for certain where they are as I've never gone looking for them, but there will be people along soon who can tell you about their favorite hunting grounds.

What is your Favourite Mod & Why?
I prefer GWX to other supermods because for me it provides the best balance of gameplay, graphics and fun. Alongside it I have to recommend SH3 Commander, a tool that changes the way I play the game, adding a huge amount of what I consider realism, especially the fact that when my patrol is over all the ships I sank now have names, cargo and crew information. After that I have a very large collection of smaller mods that appeal to me, as does almost everyone else.

Orange you glad you got that out of your system? You're a pip! :O:

PapaKilo
01-15-12, 12:13 PM
PapaKilo answered your question on torpedoes. I've never used that so I don't know for sure.

I don't use it as well, just to let you know I'm a hardcore realism freak, but I know such option exist. Knowing stuff does not necessary mean you use it :O:

GunterSepp
01-21-12, 04:43 AM
OP, I have never made it to the official end of the war like Gargamel either but if you use SH3 Commander, you can continue a career with the same boat and crew but a different kaleun if your first one gets to retire.

Laufen zum Ziel
01-21-12, 01:31 PM
Dito to the Sailor.:yeah: