PDA

View Full Version : How to play SH4 in window mode?

davy79
12-22-11, 02:55 PM
Hello all,

First time posting on this site. I have played SH3 since summer and usually play TCx1 in windowed mode while I am writing my PhD dissertation. The idea would be that my breaks would involve me heading up to the bridge to take in the sea air.

However, after 6 months the relentless wind and rain of the Atlantic convinced me that maybe the Pacific might be sunnier and thus more relaxing

However, I cannot for the life of me get the game to play in windowed mode. I am a bit computer illiterate so struggle with this stuff at the best of times though I did figure out mods so am not a total fool.

I checked window mode and set the ingame resolution to the lowest but that doesn't work. I also checked the main.cfg and made sure it said fullscreen=no.

Aside from that I don't know what else to do.

I really really like playing TCx1 while doing other stuff on the computer so any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Hylander_1314
12-22-11, 04:24 PM
Welcome Davy79! Sorry, but I can't help on that particular issue. But I'm sure someone who can will be along.

There are times where I wish I could play it in windowed mode too, so I could do other stuff too.

CCIP
12-22-11, 04:37 PM
Can you try to reset the game settings and try again?

It SHOULD work, never had an issue with that...

USS Drum
12-22-11, 04:42 PM
Here's how you get to windowed mode:
Step 1.Go to options
Step 2. Check windowed mode and wah-la
Step 3. Chose what screen resolution you want (it's to the left of the windowed mode check box) and then you are done.

davy79
12-22-11, 05:23 PM
I tried the ingame settings. I haven't just tried to reset it though. I'll five that a shot. If that doesnt do it I guess I'll reinstall. Thanks anyway

Sailor Steve
12-22-11, 06:59 PM
wah-la.
:06:

razark
12-22-11, 07:24 PM
You need to set it to windowed mode in-game, and then exit the game. When you restart, it should be in windowed mode.

The other option is to run the game on one computer, and set up another one for everything else. I've got a low end laptop sitting on the desk I use for surfing/movies/etc. while playing.

I think it's French for "voila".

I'm goin' down
12-22-11, 07:50 PM
Here's how you get to windowed mode:

Step 2. Check windowed mode and wah-la

:haha:

davy79
12-23-11, 12:17 AM
So, none of these things work. :cry:

Any last ideas? I really cant face the Atlantic at TCx 1 anymore...

Would a reinstall make any difference?

Sailor Steve
12-23-11, 12:20 AM
I think it's French for "voila".
Or else it's half of that town in Washington.

WernherVonTrapp
12-23-11, 04:40 PM
http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b456/archangel501/Smileys/9841d688.gif

CCIP
12-23-11, 06:01 PM
Here's one more thing that I noticed: the lowest resolutions in my settings are greyed out. Have you tried using a different resolution than lowest? That might also be it - you shouldn't set the window size too small.

davy79
12-23-11, 10:28 PM
Yes, I noticed all my lower resolutions are grayed out. No idea what that means though. I can't go any lower than my screen res maybe?

Thanks for all the feedback

CCIP
12-23-11, 10:53 PM
No, I think it just means some are not supported. Were you using one of the greyed-out ones by any chance?

I tried it out with 1280x800 without trouble here, and it works just fine. That's smaller than my screen, and I think is also the smallest non-greyed-out one that I get.