PDA

View Full Version : Hey all

theroc44
12-03-11, 04:06 PM
Hey everyone, been super busy at work and havent been hitting the convoys for about 2 months, but ive returned from my hiatus. Just wanted to say hello to all of you guys/girls its been awhile. I seen SH5 mods have made some leaps and SH3 is still strong. I actually got some game time in on the PC this past weekend.I had a beta invite for the new Star wars MMO; It was pretty cool, havent played an MMO since SWG, so there wasnt much room for disappointment lol. Any hoot just wanted to ring the bell on deck. :salute:

Gerald
12-03-11, 04:18 PM
Welcome back, :salute:

Brag
12-03-11, 04:21 PM
Welcome back, before Jimbuna says it, Sink them all!!! :D

theroc44
12-03-11, 04:22 PM
lol jim's gonna be mad... lol j/king

Jim where u at buddy?

theroc44
12-03-11, 04:23 PM
Steve you out there, been awhile buddy, whats new?

Frau you still storming the seas?

Darkwraith you get SH5 up to Sh3 quality yet?

And everyone else what you all up to, whats new????

Gerald
12-03-11, 05:31 PM

Darkwraith you get SH5 up to Sh3 quality yet?

And everyone else what you all up to, whats new???? At you are here, :DL

Jimbuna
12-03-11, 05:45 PM
lol jim's gonna be mad... lol j/king

Jim where u at buddy?

I'm here mate...good to see you around these parts again :sunny:

frau kaleun
12-03-11, 10:10 PM

No I'm still modding my game! :wah: :O:

Finished building a new rig about three months back, have everything reinstalled but I'm still putting my mod combination back together and testing and retesting some changes I wanted to make. Usually I get several hours in on the weekends but it's little more than starting it up and checking a few things and then getting out again to do more tinkering.

With any luck, I may get to spend some of my Christmas holiday actually playing. :wah:

Welcome back to the pack!

Sailor Steve
12-03-11, 10:51 PM
A quick look around would tell you that I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere, like Chicken Man.

What's new? Well, the DRM has been removed from SH5, so I'm fooling around with that. My band is in the studio making an album. Let's see, what else is new?

What're you all looking at me like that for? He asked! :O:

theroc44
12-04-11, 10:20 AM
No I'm still modding my game! :wah: :O:

Finished building a new rig about three months back, have everything reinstalled but I'm still putting my mod combination back together and testing and retesting some changes I wanted to make. Usually I get several hours in on the weekends but it's little more than starting it up and checking a few things and then getting out again to do more tinkering.

With any luck, I may get to spend some of my Christmas holiday actually playing. :wah:

Welcome back to the pack!

So its almost completed the frankenstein Frau rig will soon be rocking and rolling. You been tinkering with that rig for a good 3-4 months now. I can only imagine how awesome it will be once completed. TTYL Frau

theroc44
12-04-11, 10:21 AM
A quick look around would tell you that I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere, like Chicken Man.

What's new? Well, the DRM has been removed from SH5, so I'm fooling around with that. My band is in the studio making an album. Let's see, what else is new?

What're you all looking at me like that for? He asked! :O:

Your back in the studio, very cool!! Yea i heard bout the DRM removal, should make everything alot easier now. I hope the album comes together nicely.

Take care Steve

theroc44
12-04-11, 10:22 AM
I'm here mate...good to see you around these parts again :sunny:

Jim whats up buddy hope all is well. Its good to cya too.

Jimbuna
12-04-11, 10:42 AM
Jim whats up buddy hope all is well. Its good to cya too.

Oh nothing much...still in good health and spirits :03:

frau kaleun
12-04-11, 10:51 AM
So its almost completed the frankenstein Frau rig will soon be rocking and rolling. You been tinkering with that rig for a good 3-4 months now. I can only imagine how awesome it will be once completed. TTYL Frau

Oh, the computer is finished, up and running. It's modding the game that's keeping me from actually playing. :O:

theroc44
12-05-11, 04:29 PM
Oh, the computer is finished, up and running. It's modding the game that's keeping me from actually playing. :O:

Ohh so your just tinkering with the SH3 files trying to max out ram and see where you can get it functional. I see, thats a major pain in the rear. Good luck lol

frau kaleun
12-05-11, 04:35 PM
Ohh so your just tinkering with the SH3 files trying to max out ram and see where you can get it functional. I see, thats a major pain in the rear. Good luck lol

No, just trying to get all the mods I want to use to play together nicely along with some other tweaks I am making. I started from scratch in rebuilding my mod combo because I was very lax the last time around when it came to making note of all the tweaks I was using. Keeping track of them this time instead of just throwing them in there and trying to sort them out again later.

I'm on 64-bit with 16GB RAM total and using the 4GB patch for the game, so it will be latter that determines where things "max out" rather then the system. :haha:

Jimbuna
12-05-11, 04:45 PM
No, just trying to get all the mods I want to use to play together nicely along with some other tweaks I am making. I started from scratch in rebuilding my mod combo because I was very lax the last time around when it came to making note of all the tweaks I was using. Keeping track of them this time instead of just throwing them in there and trying to sort them out again later.

I'm on 64-bit with 16GB RAM total and using the 4GB patch for the game, so it will be latter that determines where things "max out" rather then the system. :haha:

LOL :DL

flag4
12-05-11, 05:00 PM

what is the 4gb patch thingy anyway and do i need it with Windows7?

thanks

frau kaleun
12-05-11, 05:25 PM
what is the 4gb patch thingy anyway and do i need it with Windows7?

thanks

It's a patch for the Sh3.exe file which will allow the game to use up to a maximum of 4GB of RAM, if that much is available. Without the patch the game is hardcoded to use only 2 gigs max no matter how much is available.

If you have 64-bit Windows and enough RAM to make the patch worthwhile, there's no reason not to use it. If you have less than 3 gigs total for your system, it's doubtful that you would ever have more than 2 gigs free for the game anyway, but it still can't hurt to put the patch on there and see what happens.

If you have 32-bit Windows and 3-4 gigs of RAM on board, you can try it, but you will need to use the 3GB switch for Windows as well. From what I understand the 32-bit OS limits the amount of RAM available to non-system programs to 2 gigs unless you use the switch to up the limit to 3 gigs instead. So you have to get Windows to let the game use more RAM, plus patch the game so it will take advantage of that. I never had any luck with the 3GB switch on my 32-bit system, I think due to hardware conflicts of some kind, but other people here will know more about it.

There are several versions of the 4GB patch around, Privateer did one that's here in the Downloads section and it's also included as an option in h.sie's realism & gameplay patches.

Jimbuna
12-05-11, 05:58 PM

You'll be fine :sunny:

frau kaleun
12-05-11, 06:16 PM
You'll be fine :sunny:
Lol, I know I can get there. It's just the time involved. And I don't dare start unless I've got several hours to spare because once I get started... and then I get to a point where I have to finish what I'm doing otherwise I lose track of it all. :wah:

I'm up to the point where I only have a few things to add back on, but the main thing is Aces' Super Turms with all the fixin's and there are a lot of personal tweaks that get built onto those files so it's just very time-consuming especially when I'm actually, you know, keeping track of what I'm doing. :O:

Jimbuna
12-05-11, 07:00 PM
BE MORE AGGRESSIVE!! http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/whistle.gif