PDA

View Full Version : moving to Windows7 help

flag4
11-21-11, 08:56 AM
...im moving to Widows7 soon and i am wondering how to save my SH3 stuff, like my patrols. i have an external hard drive and all my documents have gone over including SH3 stuff. but what about current patrol and crew - will they be lost.
whats best to do?

cheers

Pisces
11-22-11, 07:36 AM
All current patrol and crew files are in that SH3 folder in your "My Documents" folder. No worries on that, but you should make sure you have ended your patrol and be back in base.

You should make sure that you use the EXACT same mods in your new install. So I advise to disable all the mods in the old install (which clears out the hidden JSGME backup folder). Then copy the entire MODS folder to a safe drive, to be put back eventually on the new Win7 install. And make sure the mods are enabled in the right order on the new system.

Win7 creates a "Documents" folder for you: C:\Users\_username_\Documents

This is where you can put the SH3 folder back.

If you use SH3 Commander then there is also a "Personnel Files"-folder in "My Documents". If that is important to you (patrol reports, crewlist etcetera.) then that one should be saved too.

flag4
11-22-11, 08:51 AM
...many thanks Pisces

that is a serious help for me. i''ll shoot off now to my patrol and bring 'em all home. my son has a boat out there somewhere too, but not for long!

i shall return to this thread for a refresh when the machine is settled in

cheers!

Fish In The Water
11-22-11, 07:34 PM
Good luck with the big move. Hope it's clear sailing! :yep:

flag4
11-23-11, 09:41 AM
...cheers Fish.

the last post on old machine, the 'Man' is coming to take him away in an hour or so..:cry:. got this machine in 2005 when SH3 was new born and what an intelligent sim its grown up to be!

hope to see you all soon:salute: