PDA

View Full Version : Wikileaks' Julian Assange seeks Supreme Court hearing

Jimbuna
11-15-11, 01:29 PM
It doesn't look like he wants to leave the UK without a fight...must be our hospitalty :DL

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is applying to have his case against extradition to Sweden heard by the UK Supreme Court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15739437

soopaman2
11-15-11, 01:43 PM
Tell him about the great facilities in Guantanimo Bay.:D Clean beds, lots of America haters, he will love it.

I would too.

Jimbuna
11-15-11, 03:17 PM
I reckon he's afraid of Vendor should he be extradicted back to the neutral land :O:

August
11-15-11, 03:38 PM
I think there must be some substance to these charges or why would he fight so hard against extradition?

soopaman2
11-15-11, 04:13 PM
I think there must be some substance to these charges or why would he fight so hard against extradition?

I highly dislike the guy, but will play devils advocate for a moment.

They could never get Al Capone on raqueteering, bootlegging, and murder. But they got him on tax evasion. ( Devils advocate over)

He is oppertunistic (sp) scum, please don't take this the wrong way.
Once again. I see the guy as a foreign agitator. Throwing gasoline on an already massive fire that he has no right to agitate. Let our citizens deal with American problems.
We got OWS and the tea party, whatever your flavor, both think something is wrong. We don't need you Julian. He only makes things worse.

Why is it he won't go back to his homeland of Australia? Now that's a question. What did he do there?

Jimbuna
11-15-11, 04:25 PM
Why is it he won't go back to his homeland of Australia? Now that's a question. What did he do there?

I'm honestly not sure if he is wanted there but don't forget....Australia is already a penal colony/prison :DL

soopaman2
11-15-11, 05:07 PM
I'm honestly not sure if he is wanted there but don't forget....Australia is already a penal colony/prison :DL

Aussie girls are hot.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f259/Soopaman2/miranda-kerr.jpg

I would go there for her any day!

MothBalls
11-15-11, 07:17 PM
It doesn't look like he wants to leave the UK without a fight...must be our hospitality :DLI think it's the good tasting high quality inexpensive beer.

I'd like to see him put on a flight and accidentally have it diverted to the US, someplace like Texas would be good. We could show him some southern hospitality, feed em a good meal, have a few brews, then give him a right proper hanging.

August
11-15-11, 07:21 PM
I highly dislike the guy, but will play devils advocate for a moment.

They could never get Al Capone on raqueteering, bootlegging, and murder. But they got him on tax evasion. ( Devils advocate over)

I don't see your point here dude. What does one have to do with the other?

soopaman2
11-15-11, 07:51 PM
I don't see your point here dude. What does one have to do with the other?

I am saying he can be prosecuted for "whatever they can get on him" simply because he can't be charged for leaking the documents.

As I said, when the murder and raqueteering charges wouldn't stick on Capone, they went with tax evasion. Then gave him an over the top sentence, that tax evaders of the day typically did not get.

When you can't drag him back to the US and charge Assange with some kind of charge for leaking secret docs (espionage), then you get him for rape in an allied country.

I am not saying that is how it is, I was playing devils advocate.

I will say again. I dislike the guy, he is a weasel, and suffers from unwarranted self importance. He should marry Kim Kardashian.:D

August
11-15-11, 10:11 PM
When you can't drag him back to the US and charge Assange with some kind of charge for leaking secret docs (espionage), then you get him for rape in an allied country.

I am not saying that is how it is, I was playing devils advocate.

I will say again. I dislike the guy, he is a weasel, and suffers from unwarranted self importance. He should marry Kim Kardashian.:D

Hmmm, well I find it difficult to believe that the Swedish government would have invented these charges just because the Obama administration ordered it.

Jimbuna
11-16-11, 06:54 AM
Agreed....if charges have been brought and extradition requested he must go back to where the alleged crime or crimes took place to be tried by said countries judicial system.

I'm in no way making a judgement on his guilt or otherwise.

JU_88
11-16-11, 09:41 AM
nevermind

Jimbuna
11-17-11, 09:07 AM
He reckons he may not have the money to pay for further legal representation now :hmmm:

Jimbuna
09-29-12, 01:50 PM
Ecuador asks whether Assange can leave their embassy to receive medical treatment, if he keeps his fingers crossed so it doesn't count...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/ecu...-1226483303150 (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/ecudor-uk-fail-to-reach-julian-assange-deal-at-un-meeting/story-fnbzs1v0-1226483303150)

Jimbuna
09-29-12, 02:13 PM
The Ecuadorians wanted him, they can have him...sickness and in health...for richer for poorer...etc etc. I hear tell Stockholm has some magnificent Medical Facilities and of course the Majestic Moose http://forums.diecast-aviation.eu/images/smilies/wink.gif

BossMark
09-29-12, 02:18 PM
Ecuador asks whether Assange can leave their embassy to receive medical treatment, if he keeps his fingers crossed so it doesn't count...

This after or before he slips down those stairs :haha:

Jimbuna
09-29-12, 02:31 PM
This after or before he slips down those stairs :haha:

Either, I'm not really bothered either way...he lost any sympathy I may have had for him when he jumped bail.

Gerald
09-29-12, 02:38 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img703/1672/julianassangeigiveyoupr.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/julianassangeigiveyoupr.jpg/)

Tchocky
09-29-12, 03:25 PM
Nah Julian, you're a villain because you jumped bail and won't face justice in Sweden. Innocent or guilty, hiding out in an embassy doesn't prove anything.

Gerald
09-29-12, 03:28 PM
^That's right, good move :)

Jimbuna
09-29-12, 03:36 PM
Nah Julian, you're a villain because you jumped bail and won't face justice in Sweden. Innocent or guilty, hiding out in an embassy doesn't prove anything.

Precisely and as posted in #18 :yep:

Gerald
09-29-12, 04:09 PM
Glad you corrected it so that no misunderstandings arise in the future, :shucks:

Catfish
09-29-12, 04:15 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img703/1672/julianassangeigiveyoupr.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/julianassangeigiveyoupr.jpg/)

You missed Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook:
"I give out all private information to security services and companies, and i am a hero!"

But interesting again, the messenger gets the bad press, while what he found out is not an issue.

"My country is murdering civilians ?
Does not matter, as a patriot i kill the one who found that out."
Hypocritic retards.

Skybird
09-29-12, 05:00 PM
Nah Julian, you're a villain because you jumped bail and won't face justice in Sweden.
Even if it is just a stageact in order to trap you - you must play by the rules and allow getting trapped. Be stupid. Play by your enemy'S rules. "Justice" demands it.
:haha:

Innocent or guilty, hiding out in an embassy doesn't prove anything.
Which he must not, since he is not formally charged. They want to question him on highly dubious claims risen against him, and on basis of a Swedish law that in principle allows any women unsatisfied with the sex she had to sue her lover over claims of rape - becasue she just felt bad afterwards. When I read that law the fist time and read a lawyers explanation of it, I just did not trust my eyes. It is hilarious. But hey, its Sweden, the home of gender-engineering and denial of any biological differences between male and female, so one should not be surprised, maybe.

If they only want to question him, they could have met him on neutral territory, or even in London. It would not have been the first time that in this sort of constellation such a solution has been practiced. That the Swedish rules that out shows that this never has been about questioning him, but that they want him in their fangs and this can only be reasonably explained by the US making pressure and wanting to take revenge against him. It is also part of a basic campaign to destroy Wikileaks and reducing if not eliminating Assange's freedom to act, in order to take him out of action. This part of the plot without doubt has worked until here.

Gerald
09-29-12, 05:13 PM
What is true in the case of Assange, it is that when he was here last, so messed the Swedish prosecutor's office to take him to court, and Assange left the country, that is a legal mistake, that Sweden did not choose to interview him on neutral half of the field is very prestigious.

Jimbuna
09-29-12, 05:42 PM
Even if it is just a stageact in order to trap you - you must play by the rules and allow getting trapped. Be stupid. Play by your enemy'S rules. "Justice" demands it.
:haha:

Which he must not, since he is not formally charged. They want to question him on highly dubious claims risen against him, and on basis of a Swedish law that in principle allows any women unsatisfied with the sex she had to sue her lover over claims of rape - becasue she just felt bad afterwards. When I read that law the fist time and read a lawyers explanation of it, I just did not trust my eyes. It is hilarious. But hey, its Sweden, the home of gender-engineering and denial of any biological differences between male and female, so one should not be surprised, maybe.

If they only want to question him, they could have met him on neutral territory, or even in London. It would not have been the first time that in this sort of constellation such a solution has been practiced. That the Swedish rules that out shows that this never has been about questioning him, but that they want him in their fangs and this can only be reasonably explained by the US making pressure and wanting to take revenge against him. It is also part of a basic campaign to destroy Wikileaks and reducing if not eliminating Assange's freedom to act, in order to take him out of action. This part of the plot without doubt has worked until here.

As our US cousins say..."He's done, stick a fork in him".

Gerald
09-29-12, 05:50 PM
http://youtu.be/63DXpRxopCQ

Jimbuna
09-29-12, 05:51 PM
Glad you corrected it so that no misunderstandings arise in the future, :shucks:

Simply pointing out a mutual opinion.

Skybird
09-29-12, 05:57 PM
What is true in the case of Assange, it is that when he was here last, so messed the Swedish prosecutor's office to take him to court, and Assange left the country, that is a legal mistake, that Sweden did not choose to interview him on neutral half of the field is very prestigious.
When I know that "justice" is being hijacked and abused by an extremely powerful enemy-to-the-death in order to secure control of my physical person, I would jump bail, too. The Swedish allowed the "justice" system to get abused for political opportunism and by being pushed by a very powerful foreign nation.

Assange pissed a huge empire and stripped the regime down to its underpants. The US will never forgive for being shown like that in public. All that dirty laundry of theirs was meant to be kept secret, forever. And then came Assange and pulled them into the spotlight. Scandal! Crime...! Treason...!!!

the only scandals lay in some of the information revealed, and in the fact that the wide public does not draw consequences form this, and those responsible for these things are still in power, sometimes even got re-elected meanwhile. THAT is the real scandal.

Shoot the messenger, ignore the message. That's the name of the game.

Jimbuna
09-29-12, 05:59 PM
When I know that "justice" is being hijacked and abused by an extremely powerful enemy-to-the-death in order to secure control of my physical person, I would jump bail, too. The Swedish allowed the "justice" system to get abused for political opportunism and by being pushed by a very powerful foreign nation.

Assange pissed a huge empire and stripped the regime down to its underpants. The US will never forgive for being shown like that in public. All that dirty laundry of theirs was meant to be kept secret, forever. And then came Assange and pulled them into the spotlight. Scandal! Crime...! Treason...!!!

the only scandals lay in some of the information revealed, and in the fact that the wide public does not draw consequences form this, and those responsible for these things are still in power, sometimes even got re-elected meanwhile. THAT is the real scandal.

Shoot the messenger, ignore the message. That's the name of the game.

So you support Assange and what he did? :hmm2:

Skybird
09-29-12, 06:04 PM
I support the cause. And not for sympathy with the man, I do not like him, not personally, and not by the way he dealt with people working for him in his organisation. He is no pleasant personality, it seems. But our governments are so rotten, corrupt and criminal, how could I not support revealing their dirty laundry? I am so serious over this that I cancelled my Paypal and Visacard accounts when both companies bent to US pressure to isolate Wikipedia back then. Blind loyalty to a group of gangsters, or loyalty to a country that goes wrong just because it is that country, has never been my thing. If things stink, then things stink.

Gerald
09-29-12, 06:06 PM
Simply pointing out a mutual opinion. Excellent done, quick-witted.

Jimbuna
09-29-12, 06:10 PM
I support the cause. And not for sympathy with the man, I do not like him, not personally, and not by the way he dealt with people working for him in his organisation. He is no pleasant personality, it seems. But our governments are so rotten, corrupt and criminal, how could I not support revealing their dirty laundry? I am so serious over this that I cancelled my Paypal and Visacard accounts when both companies bent to US pressure to isolate Wikipedia back then. Blind loyalty to a group of gangsters, or loyalty to a country that goes wrong just because it is that country, has never been my thing. If things stink, then things stink.

Fair enough...we are all entitled to our opinion but I'm not about to leave my country for one as 'clean' as Ecuador...no thanks.

Jimbuna
09-29-12, 06:11 PM
Excellent done, quick-witted.

Better to be an eedjit within a tribe than one looking for one.

Skybird
09-29-12, 06:34 PM
Fair enough...we are all entitled to our opinion but I'm not about to leave my country for one as 'clean' as Ecuador...no thanks.
Well, that was Assange's decision and must not be of any concern to me. He just tries to escape life-long imprisonment in a US jail. and I think these are not as pleasant as German ones as well.

Online life can be a bitch without Visa or Paypal btw. Have to ask others now, when there is no trustworthy alternative to these two options, but some transfer needs to be done. But it is rare.

Yes, there is a life possible without credit cards. :)

Gerald
09-29-12, 06:40 PM
Sooner or later .... or if I should be straight, then are a change in the Assange case, and all this stops to focus, so .... and Sky, will be able to have their cards in peace

soopaman2
09-29-12, 06:40 PM
Well, that was Assange's decision and must not be of any concern to me. He just tries to escape life-long imprisonment in a US jail. and I think these are not as pleasant as German ones as well.

Online life can be a bitch without Visa or Paypal btw. Have to ask others now, when there is no trustworthy alternative to these two options, but some transfer needs to be done. But it is rare.

Yeah like picking up a shovel or serving burgers, like the rest of us have to do.

A real job, but something tells me an agitator like him only thrives as long as he is seen as a victim/hero, and given a free ride. A man of his personality is most likely unable to hold a real job anyways.

Jimbuna
09-30-12, 05:40 AM

Send me your Paypal and card details and I'll look after them for you :)

Catfish
09-30-12, 03:13 PM

Pardon ?

What he did? Who committed the crimes uncovered ?
He did what all free journalists of the world would have done, who stand up for free press, journalism and freedom of speech.
Not that anyone in the Fox- and CNN-brainwashed USA knows what that is or so it seems.
Maybe they should have shot the journalists during the Watergate scandal ?

A government with its secret services committing such crimes in cold blood, does such callous cover-ups while misleading and fooling their own people, is the real traitor and unpatriotic :stare:

Jimbuna
09-30-12, 03:42 PM
Ah, right...we're all entitled to an opinion and a viewpoint I believe.

Gerald
09-30-12, 04:08 PM

Shoot the messenger, ignore the message. That's the name of the game. Now it is a fact that it is about several things, including material that circulated, and that there was a focus on accusations that he was well aware, and it should be said that he got cold feet where they are allegations came to light after the UK and Sweden, which has a co-operation ... the decision to extradite him to Sweden, after the Supreme Court had told he, hence the decision as he was to go to some other "neutral" place.

Tchocky
09-30-12, 04:14 PM
Which he must not, since he is not formally charged.
Nor should he be, that's how it works in Sweden. The questioning first, the charge comes later, much later than in the UK or US system. Regardless of the allegations at hand, Assange is not at the stage of being charged yet. The fact that he hasn't been charged doesn't have nearly the same argumentative relevance as it would in the UK.

They want to question him on highly dubious claims risen against him, and on basis of a Swedish law that in principle allows any women unsatisfied with the sex she had to sue her lover over claims of rape - becasue she just felt bad afterwards.How about addressing the actual allegations and not what the law might possibly allow for in theory?

http://www.swedishwire.com/politics/7570-the-charges-against-julian-assange

The court heard Assange is accused of using his body weight to hold her down in a sexual manner.
The second charge alleged Assange "sexually molested" Miss A by having sex with her without a condom when it was her "express wish" one should be used.
The third charge claimed Assange "deliberately molested" Miss A on August 18 "in a way designed to violate her sexual integrity".

Those silly Swedes :-?

When I read that law the fist time and read a lawyers explanation of it, I just did not trust my eyes. It is hilarious. But hey, its Sweden, the home of gender-engineering and denial of any biological differences between male and female, so one should not be surprised, maybe.
Again, this has precisely nothing to do with the alleged conduct.

If they only want to question him, they could have met him on neutral territory, or even in London. It would not have been the first time that in this sort of constellation such a solution has been practiced. That the Swedish rules that out shows that this never has been about questioning him, but that they want him in their fangs and this can only be reasonably explained by the US making pressure and wanting to take revenge against him.
This comes up against the issue of "charging" as before. He's not wanted for something so innocent as "only" questioning; the questioning is part of a process, the end result of which may or may not result in a charge. It's not just a chat and I don't see why it should be held over Skype or any other of Wikileaks's silly suggestions. Neither you nor I could play the same games that he is playing if faced with the same kind of allegations.

I don't see why they should go out of their way to accommodate him, to be honest. His defence team have already misled the UK courts over the extradition matter, Assange has tried to put himself out of the reach of both UK and Swedish law. I don't see the point of extending any particular privilege in this case.

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/jud-aut-sweden-v-assange-judgment.pdf

It would be a lot more difficult to extradite Assange from Sweden to the US than it would be from the UK, and now any such extradition would still require the consent of the UK government.

It is also part of a basic campaign to destroy Wikileaks and reducing if not eliminating Assange's freedom to act, in order to take him out of action. This part of the plot without doubt has worked until here. Assange has voluntarily reduced his freedom to act by jumping bail and seeking refuge in a political mess that ensures he cannot leave a single building. This is of his own making.

Skybird
09-30-12, 07:00 PM
Back then, identity of the claimed victims and manner in which it appeared was put in doubt, and the story told also showed contradictions. I do not get the details together again out of the blue, but back then I only thought: this stinks to heaven, all of it. The whole story is in doubt, as a matter of fact. You may be so kind to believe that a justice system indeed is neutral and untouchable by politics and political manipulation - I am not so naive. Assange fled bail, because it is extremely likely that any questioning according to the rules would have also meant him loosing his freedom. I take it for granted that the decision of any court hearing was pre-written by political lobbying in the background, no matter what he would say and others say. The whole thing is very likely a plot to arrest Assange by the Swedish, NO MATTER WHAT. And if it was like that, then Assange hardly decided to strip himself of any freedom when he jumped bail and fled to the embassy.

You know what a plot is,m do you? And you demand him to play by the rules of the plotters. You expect him, in other words, to act stupid.

This all reminds of what also was tried against Strauss-Khan. Now, Strauss-Khan is a bastard by character, no doubt, and he has surely approached and bullied women in unacceptable ways and manners, on many opportunities. But not on that opportunity over which he was charged, and by wrong allegations of a claimed rape in a Hotel in New York.

The Assange issue stinks. It has "made in the US" written all over it.

And why Britain does not hand him over, when it is easier for them than for the Swedes as you claimed. Well, the Swedish plot was earlier, and it would draw bit too much attention to the dubious backgrounds if the Brits would opportunistically also construct a case to arrest him forever, or send him to the US. That's why they stick with the Swedish railtrack for Assange: via Sweden to the US.

Demanding the target of a plot to play by the rules of the plotters. I don't believe it. That is like expecting an enemy in battle to cooperate with one's own battle plan of how to wipe him out with as little own losses as possible. That would be a very foolish enemy indeed.

Catfish
10-01-12, 01:40 AM
Hello Jim,

Ah, right...we're all entitled to an opinion and a viewpoint I believe.

Well, thanks you for your calm answer, i could almost read the *sigh* after it :) . I guess i went over the top with my post, however .. if a nation or its government conducts a crime, in the best intention or not (ahem), do you think it should rather cover that up than say sorry ?

"A democracy has to defend itself", but if it gets again its own and international law ?
"Right or wrong my country" is also an often-heard proverb, but ...

The Pentagon Papers: "When The New York Times began publishing its series, President Richard Nixon became incensed. His words to National Security Advisor Henry Kissinger included "People have gotta be put to the torch for this sort of thing..." and "Let's get the son-of-a-bitch in jail.""

So you think this would be the right thing to do ? The New York times was too big it seems, but maybe Assange with his now worldwide support is not.

Thanks and greetings,
Catfish

joea
10-01-12, 04:48 AM
Assange might be, probably is a a** personally, surprised many feminist friends and colleagues have turned against him as he seems to be a bit of a jerk with women.

However, why are so many eager to defend governments and big corporations here? Why should they not also be held accountable for their actions and have some transparency forced on them?

Jimbuna
10-01-12, 05:18 AM
Hello Jim,

Well, thanks you for your calm answer, i could almost read the *sigh* after it :) . I guess i went over the top with my post, however .. if a nation or its government conducts a crime, in the best intention or not (ahem), do you think it should rather cover that up than say sorry ?

"A democracy has to defend itself", but if it gets again its own and international law ?
"Right or wrong my country" is also an often-heard proverb, but ...

The Pentagon Papers: "When The New York Times began publishing its series, President Richard Nixon became incensed. His words to National Security Advisor Henry Kissinger included "People have gotta be put to the torch for this sort of thing..." and "Let's get the son-of-a-bitch in jail.""

So you think this would be the right thing to do ? The New York times was too big it seems, but maybe Assange with his now worldwide support is not.

Thanks and greetings,
Catfish

Hi Catfish

No problem mate, as I said earlier, we're all entitled to an opinion and a viewpoint :)

TBH we could debate the wrights and wrongs of many an individual and or country from past events till the cows come home....I'd rather stay on the thread topic in this case but readilly admit two or more wrongs don't make a right.

IMHO Assange (from #12) Agreed....if charges have been brought and extradition requested he must go back to where the alleged crime or crimes took place to be tried by said countries judicial system.

I'm in no way making a judgement on his guilt or otherwise.

Also (#43) Assange has voluntarily reduced his freedom to act by jumping bail and seeking refuge in a political mess that ensures he cannot leave a single building. This is of his own making.

I honestly don't see what defence he has after the way he has acted and I've yet to see any statement from the UK or Swedish government stating he will be extradited to the US.

What he is currently hiding from in the UK are sexual related allegations but he is happy to widen the scope to include all and sundry in an attempt to protect himself from what may well be far more serious charges in the future.

One step at a time, if it turns out he is a sex offender then he should face the consequences like any other person would.

His options are fast running out and his actions IMHO are doing nothing more than stacking the odds against himself.

Regards
jimbuna

Skybird
10-01-12, 06:49 AM
One step at a time, if it turns out he is a sex offender then he should face the consequences like any other person would.

Indeed. But the question is whether this would be a fair trial that indeed focusses on just accusations that have been forwarded in an honest intention of self-defense by the victim. And this is what has to be doubted, and very much so. I say it is accusations constructed to bring him behind bars due to Wikileaks. And this easily could mean as well that all "evidence" and "witnesses reports" presented at court, are forged as well. Governments do such things.

If this were true, than this means that there is no fairness in any court procedure at all, and that Assange form all beginning on would not have the slightest chance to prove his innocence at court - the sentences is already decided while we sit here and discucss.

Western countries are no holy saints. They act with betrayal and bribery, pressure and lobbying in Third World countries all day in day out if it helps to make local decision.makers agree to their economical interests for resource exploitation contracts and getting rid of a local tribe of Indians for that first. And of course laws and treaties get formulated to let all this appear legal, and legal it is by the paper stuff indeed. Still it is a cheating plot, and is morally wrong, and betrayal.

Assange is an enemy of the state and persona non grata for several powerful players out there who simply seek revenge for what he did, and who want to crush him and see him behind bars forever to prevent him to ever head something like Wikileaks again. And to acchieve that, any plot, and lie, and secret service operation and any forged criminal accusations are acceptable to that. It is daily bread and butter for according government agencies to run operations like this. And this has to be taken into account. If he indeed committed rape in the meaning of the term, and it is guaranteed that any criminal persecution is focussed on that and is unaffected and sovereign from any attempt to manipulate it for political opportunistic intentions, then he should be bropught to court and get his sentence fpor thta rape indeed.

But we cannot be sure it is like this. We have reasons to believe that this is a plot to catch him, and holding him on the defense. We know the questionable nature of the charges, and the doubts about the claims of the socalled victim about their relation and her own relation to assange. There were many htings reported that did not fit together - and the noise of recent months successfully helped in letting these drift into the realms of a forgotten past.

Whether one wants it or not, politics play a role in all this. And thus the apparently obvious semblance should not be taken as obvious at all.

Recall the old principle of criminal investigation, these simple questions: who has a motive, who makes a net profit, who benefits? And immediately you have a long row of actors/factions standing in line who all may be involved as well - not just two women and one man in this case.

Strauss-Khan was involved in a serious process of decision making regarding some banking policies, decisions that likely would not come out the way the US wanted them to have. And he was taken out of the process by that plot. The timing was so striking that it immediately caught my suspicion, despite Strauss-Khan's reputation to be dog chasing women at every opportunity. The same alarm bell ringing back then I hear ringing in my head over the Assange "case".

Jimbuna
10-01-12, 07:08 AM
Okay then, let us scrap all judicial systems around the world for fear there are political motives or potential motives of any theme for that matter.

You make reference to Strauss-Khan but isn't the focus of his deeds now centred on France and not the US....or just a series of coincidental allegations?

What do you propose to put in there place (judicial systems)?

Skybird
10-01-12, 10:36 AM
Okay then, let us scrap all judicial systems around the world for fear there are political motives or potential motives of any theme for that matter.

Where have I said something indicating that? I made no generalization for all crime cases there are. I just point out that sometimes things are not what they seem to be, and thus sometimes the standard routines and procedures necessarily fail or allow to get abused for totally different purpose than criminal investigation and "justice". It was like that with Strauss-Khan, and I think it is like that with Assange.

It is ironic, but Assange and this American Marine who now sits in prison, already are limited in their freedom, because they made public the lies and betrayals, the failures and cheatings of decision makers and politicians. But the politicians who lied and betrayed and failed and cheated still are free, and enjoy the shine and gloss of being called "victims" of evil "treason".

Assange would have had nothing to reveal and to report - if said politicians and decision-makers would not have played foul before. There were times when newspapers were seen as a vital pillar of a democratic system, serving in a function of checks and balances by reporting about what went wrong and where fraud and lie took over in the system. But this investigative journalosm has fallen victim to political correctness, lobbying, being bought up by propaganda- interests and being hijacked by bipartisanship. Or uncooperative media not playing tame and lame with the "system" are being ignored by the government. Or media by laws gets stripped of their sources, get threatened by legal sanctions, and their informants being intimidated by compulsory revealing of their identity. And this is the West, this is America! The conventional press fails in monitoring and in a way: controlling the political actors and the rules by which the game is played. Internet is taking over, at least it tries. Sites and projects like Wikileaks are a must. Nobody is left to confront governments and parties and elites with the threat of revealing it when they play foul.

Needless to say that those in power hate the idea to share it with the people. The fundaments on which some nations were founded, are hollow corpses only today, have been systematically eroded, and hijacked for being turned into something every different. this is my major criticism of the US, and Germany as well - and I honestly can'T say in which country the mess I desribed is bigger. To me, both are patients in coma, connected to the life-support machines of an intense-care station.

We are in desperate need of projects like Wikileaks. Because our governments and the whole political and business leader class have become our worst enemies.

Jimbuna
10-01-12, 11:25 AM
Well feel free to call me naive but even with its inherant faults I still trust our government more than those who would reveal all on the internet and in so doing possibly not giving a care of what the consequences may be for those such information leaking/details may affect.

If and I know that can be a big word, anyone is killed as a result of such an action then treason can be the only term and IIRC that still carries the death penalty in the UK for example.

I know it cuts both ways but people who hiding behind the internet and use it as a means of disclosure are no better than the politicians who ultimately make some of these life or death decisions in the first place.

August
10-01-12, 12:25 PM
I don't particularly care if anything they do to anything to Assange or not. The one that I want to see swing is the little traitor who gave him the information in the first place. He violated his oath, betrayed his country and put his comrades in arms in danger. For that he deserves to be put up against the wall and shot.

Gerald
10-01-12, 12:33 PM
Today, some Swedish websites are hit by cyber-attacks, these have an obvious connection to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and the ongoing dispute over his extradition.So called ddos attacks (A DDoS attack (Distributed Denial of Service).According to the National Police IT unit.

Platapus
10-01-12, 05:17 PM
Honestly, I am not overly concerned with the likes of Assange. It is the Mannings that I want the government to go after.

Assange never held a position of trust in the United States and therefore legally had no responsibility to protect the information.

Manning, on the other hand did. Without the Mannings the Assanges of the world would be nothing.

soopaman2
10-01-12, 05:27 PM
Honestly, I am not overly concerned with the likes of Assange. It is the Mannings that I want the government to go after.

Assange never held a position of trust in the United States and therefore legally had no responsibility to protect the information.

Manning, on the other hand did. Without the Mannings the Assanges of the world would be nothing.

I said this once and got critisized by foreigners.

You better watch out.

If you hate the US, then be a rebel, don't join the military then work against us from the inside.

It's freaking disgusting. It chaps my backside, that this outright traitor is being treated with kid gloves by authorities, and revered as a hero by some...

It is disrespectful to all those who wore that uniform with noble purposes.

Though Assange is not blameless. He used donations from all over the world and implicitly worked to undermine the United states and allied nations, using treasonous methods, with no regard to anything, other than his own fame.

Now he's got it. He made his bed, enjoy the sleep.

When is Bradleys trial, and when can I expect a hanging for treason? Is it televised?

Gerald
10-01-12, 05:28 PM
A prominent role in the whole thing, while it should be said that Assange has had a lot of people around him who made hard work for him.

Tchocky
10-02-12, 03:50 PM
Back then, identity of the claimed victims and manner in which it appeared was put in doubt, and the story told also showed contradictions. I do not get the details together again out of the blue, but back then I only thought: this stinks to heaven, all of it. The whole story is in doubt, as a matter of fact. That is not the opinion shared by the UK Supreme Court. I've linked their judgement in my previous post. The details simply don't bear out what you seem to be suggesting.

You may be so kind to believe that a justice system indeed is neutral and untouchable by politics and political manipulation - I am not so naive. I never claimed it was so. I don't take the directly opposite view though, as you do below, that any judgement is automatically invalid. That gets all of us nowhere.

I take it for granted that the decision of any court hearing was pre-written by political lobbying in the background, no matter what he would say and others say. You might not think you're naive, but saying something is so does not make it so.

Having faith without evidence in the unquestioned corruption of every development is exactly that - faith without evidence.

The whole thing is very likely a plot to arrest Assange by the Swedish, NO MATTER WHAT. And if it was like that, then Assange hardly decided to strip himself of any freedom when he jumped bail and fled to the embassy. You're putting an awful lot of weight on that "if". Assange is responsible for his own actions. He knew that hiding in the Ecuadorian Embassy would create a diplomatic mess that still remains unresolved - at great expense to police/WikiLeaks supporters, and frankly my attention.

You know what a plot is,m do you? And you demand him to play by the rules of the plotters. You expect him, in other words, to act stupid. I think he's acted stupidly enough already. Assange has to play by the same rules as the rest of us. We don't get the luxury of friendly embassies looking to tick off the US by helping us out when we have sexual crime allegations. We have to go to court and stand up for ourselves. Claiming that everyone is arrayed against you is egotistic nonsense.

And why Britain does not hand him over, when it is easier for them than for the Swedes as you claimed. Well, the Swedish plot was earlier, and it would draw bit too much attention to the dubious backgrounds if the Brits would opportunistically also construct a case to arrest him forever, or send him to the US. This is nonsense. Britain does not hand him over to the US because it's the Swedish prosecutor who wants to talk to him.

There has been no extradition request by the US for this man.

Well, the Swedish plot was earlier, and it would draw bit too much attention to the dubious backgrounds if the Brits would opportunistically also construct a caseLet me get this straight - there was no UK-based plot (in an easier extradition regime) because the Swedish "plot" was earlier? No UK-based plot because they had accidentally already started plotting in Sweden? I hope someone in the CIA got fired for that one.

You're right in that it would be suspicious if the UK were to "construct" another legal case against Assange, but that they haven't doesn't in any way prove the fact that the Swedish case is also illegitimate.

Demanding the target of a plot to play by the rules of the plotters. I don't believe it. That is like expecting an enemy in battle to cooperate with one's own battle plan of how to wipe him out with as little own losses as possible. That would be a very foolish enemy indeed.This only makes sense if the entire judicial and political systems of two democratic countries are coordinated perfectly to execute a very messy, poorly-planned and illogical operation.

Skybird
10-02-12, 05:02 PM
Tchocky, trust less in so-called "authorities" - starting with presidents and ending with courts.

It's almost always Mr. Janus you are talking to.

Assange has to play by the same rules as the rest of us.
Governments, parliaments, lobbies, big business almost always must do not. ;) It's not four Janusses, but just one. Trust nobody, they do not deserve it.

You may see our states and their institutions as mainly trustworthy. I see them as mainly rotten, dysfunctional and untrustworthy. You ignore the nature of conspiracies and plots. I take them into account. You put the rule book over reality. I put reality over the ideal utopia described in the rule book.

And no, plots and conspiracies do not follow the rules that "all of us have to follow". Mr. Janus always shows the face that is the most opportunistic. That's his nature.

Tchocky
10-03-12, 11:21 AM
Tchocky, trust less in so-called "authorities" - starting with presidents and ending with courts.

It's almost always Mr. Janus you are talking to.

Throwing your hands in the air and declaring that everything is inside out and preordained by this mysterious cabal called "authority" doesn't get you anywhere. Evidence before faith. I'm saying that from what I see and read and deduce, accusations of plotting and treachery in this case don't make any sense. The source material doesn't add up and I'm not going to start filling in the blanks with half-baked conspiracy theories.

Governments, parliaments, lobbies, big business almost always must do not. ;) It's not four Janusses, but just one. Trust nobody, they do not deserve it. Yeah fine, privilege and power allows rules to be bent or broken. Any idiot knows that. That doesnt make everything a plot - the world simply doesn't work like that. At all.

You may see our states and their institutions as mainly trustworthy. I see them as mainly rotten, dysfunctional and untrustworthy. You ignore the nature of conspiracies and plots. I take them into account. You put the rule book over reality. I put reality over the ideal utopia described in the rule book.But nothing you've posted about this issue makes any sense. For you it must be a plot, because the institutions are corrupt. Regardless of the evidence. If something doesn't make sense then it must be another part of the maskirovka.

Catfish
10-03-12, 12:01 PM
^ Yeah right. Look at the german "Treuhand" and then trust the "authorities".

http://www.heise.de/tp/artikel/37/37484/1.html

The factory and resource inventory of East Germany was evaluated to have a value of 600 billion Euros, in 1989.

- When the "Treuhand" ceased to exist in 1994, East Germany was ruined, eonomically.
- 85 percent of the corporations now belonged to West Germany, 2,5 million east german workers had lost their job, and the "Treuhand" had debts of some 256 billion Euros.
- So roughly estimated 865 billion Euros just .. vanished.

Certainly, the german government-industry complex may be more corrupt than other countries' governments, but i assume most just do not want to know about such things.

Jimbuna
10-04-12, 12:34 PM
It seems ole Julian's guarantors are trying to get their money back:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/guarantors-ask-london-court-halt-assange-bail-payout-190958355.html

"Vaughan Smith - one of the nine, who between them put up 140,000 pounds - told Westminster Magistrates Court in London they were not to blame for Assange violating the terms of his bail".

Ummmmmm, surely the point of paying surety is that you understand that if your trustworthy friend hops it, you lose the money....?

Gerald
10-04-12, 12:37 PM
Yes, getting the money back is probably out of the question.

soopaman2
10-04-12, 08:59 PM
It seems ole Julian's guarantors are trying to get their money back:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/guarantors-ask-london-court-halt-assange-bail-payout-190958355.html

Ummmmmm, surely the point of paying surety is that you understand that if your trustworthy friend hops it, you lose the money....?

That is how it works here in the USA.

But you know he hates the USA, and everything we do is bad, so he surely thinks, "screw those American loving bastards" :har:

Maybe China can take him in, I am sure they will love him. Until he leaks them for fame, and free money.

I have more respect for Lady Gaga, but see him as the same, a fame whore, except way less talent.

Catfish
10-05-12, 02:12 AM
I do not think he especially hates the US, there is more leaked material than just of the US. What he obviously does not like are cover-ups and hidden crimes done by governments in the name of freedom and democracy, against international law and treaties. Is this so bad ?

And no one answered my question of what you think whether the journalists during the Watergate scandal back then should have been shot as traitors -from those posts here it seems most think that would have been the right thing ?

If i may ask politely, if maybe falling for Godwin's law:

Now that we know of what our governments did and still do, against international law and human rights, the question is:

To what extent are we responsible if we do not take any action against what is happening ?
No one can say we did not know it, this time. :hmm2: