PDA

View Full Version : How Gaddafi Died

Jimbuna
11-10-11, 09:47 AM
Probably well covered all over by now but interesting IMO

Col Muammar Gaddafi died from bullet wounds some time after a failed attempt to escape from the fighters of the National Transitional Council (NTC), but the exact circumstances of his death are still emerging

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15390980

MothBalls
11-10-11, 12:06 PM
Does this mean he qualifies for his 72 year old virgin?

Jimbuna
11-10-11, 12:10 PM
My guess is that there are an awful lot of disappointed 'martyrs' kicking around somewhere :hmmm:

Gerald
11-10-11, 12:14 PM
A fairly correct statement, and it is not possible to exclude a particular country's presence in this final stage, many have been assassinated for less.

JU_88
11-10-11, 12:41 PM
Maybe its secret because the truth is too embarassing for his captors to admit, maybe they were leading him away when he tripped and fell down the stairs or had a heart attack. (so they shot him to make it look like it wasn't an accident)

Gerald
11-10-11, 12:46 PM
The truth lies buried in the desert.

Jimbuna
11-10-11, 12:53 PM
Maybe its secret because the truth is too embarassing for his captors to admit, maybe they were leading him away when he tripped and fell down the stairs or had a heart attack. (so they shot him to make it look like it wasn't an accident)

I know one thing...I won't be going to Macdonalds in Tripoli for a while.

nikimcbee
11-10-11, 02:13 PM
I read that he slipped on some soap in the bath. I guess "died in a gun battle" sounds a lot better.:haha:

Skybird
11-10-11, 02:30 PM
I wonder why this bastard's death already has gotten more coverage than the assassination of thousands of prisoners of his regime. Torturing Bulgarian nurses via electroshocks to her genitals. Raping female prisoners in his prisons. choosing the path to civil war and causing the deaths of thousdands more. Killing people aboard airplanes.

In Germany, there have been so many films about the RAF, the Red Army Faction. Attempts to understand them, to do them justice in a context of that they were psychological victims of social and political circumstances. That it was society making them what they were. That it was a way of living young and free that they felt. - To my knowledge, there is almost no film about the victims they slaughtered, and how the loss affects until today those family members these vicitms left behind. Strange. the murderers became media stars. The victims - well, were there any? Really? Wowh.

Gaddafi is dead. Nice!

Jimbuna
11-10-11, 06:19 PM
I wonder why this bastard's death already has gotten more coverage than the assassination of thousands of prisoners of his regime. Torturing Bulgarian nurses via electroshocks to her genitals. Raping female prisoners in his prisons. choosing the path to civil war and causing the deaths of thousdands more. Killing people aboard airplanes.

In Germany, there have been so many films about the RAF, the Red Army Faction. Attempts to understand them, to do them justice in a context of that they were psychological victims of social and political circumstances. That it was society making them what they were. That it was a way of living young and free that they felt. - To my knowledge, there is almost no film about the victims they slaughtered, and how the loss affects until today those family members these vicitms left behind. Strange. the murderers became media stars. The victims - well, were there any? Really? Wowh.

Gaddafi is dead. Nice!

Well said Sky :yep:

soopaman2
11-10-11, 06:57 PM
The early original story was...

He was shot through his legs, dragged out of a sewer pipe. Put in a truck, where, gunfire sprayed at the truck from pro Ghaddafi forces hit him in the head.

In other words he was executed by rebels in the back of a filthy truck.

**trollface.jpg** Problem??

sidslotm
11-11-11, 01:25 PM
payback is a bummer

Lord_magerius
11-11-11, 01:31 PM
I completely agree with Skybird on this one, why should this get more coverage than all his victims? He's dead, good, move on.

Jimbuna
11-11-11, 01:32 PM
payback is a bummer

And in Gaddafi's case....literally :03:

MothBalls
11-11-11, 05:54 PM
I wonder why this bastard's death already has gotten more coverage than the assassination of thousands of prisoners of his regime.The sad reality of the answer, he ruled a country that has oil. It's amazing how many will look the other way while the atrocities against humanity continue in this region of the world, especially in countries we call 'allies' because they have the precious oil we need to fuel our societies.