PDA

View Full Version : Need some Guidance with TMO

Thundergrunt
11-09-11, 09:41 PM
OK im noob here and need a little guidance I have read the FAQ, the Install guide and most of the pages here. but still cant find a fix to get TMO 2.2 to work.

Problem:
SH4 v 1.5 have Mod Editor installed and all the folders and files as stated and in the right places. I activated The first TMO version and it would hang up the Mod editor and still show the original game stuff. so I moved that back to the left side then added the 2.2 and it loaded the game fine but none of the screens changed but noticed in the Single player and missions and stuff it had all the cool stuff. then I tried to load my saved campaign and the game crashes and asks to send an error report. So I went back to port and saved like the instructions stated that you have to be in port or in the office. so I did I saved exited the game Loaded 2.2 then started the game this time the new screens showed up and stuff, so I went to load my campaign and the game crashed again. So I uninstalled and reinstalled everything again and it is still crashing out , any clues am i missing a step??

Sailor Steve
11-09-11, 11:02 PM
Installing a supermod changes many parameters in the game. An old saved campaign will almost always crash when you try to load it into a new supermod.

magic452
11-10-11, 12:59 AM
Going to try TMO2.2, good choice. Very steep learning curve there so stick with it cause it's a heck of a game. Do have to start a new career as Steve said.

One other thing to set your options for career mode you use the radio in the office. It's on the left side, just click to bring up the options screen.
The options screen when you start the game will work only in single missions, etc.

Magic

Montray
11-10-11, 02:28 AM
As a rule of thumb, any time I install a new mod that has gameplay changes, i start a new campaign.

If you're new to this game however, I suggest playing stock 1.5 first, seeing as TMO is alot harder.

Ofcourse that could be just that I suck at this game :P
Just making a suggestion

Have fun !

Sailor Steve
11-10-11, 07:59 AM
Ofcourse that could be just that I suck at this game :P
:rotfl2:

No, you're right - TMO is much harder than stock. The planes alone are killer. And whatever you do, unless your are very good, very brave or very foolish, STAY OUT OF THE BUNGO SUIDO!