PDA

View Full Version : JSGME problems maybe

Chicki
11-06-11, 12:15 AM
Hey skippers. Think I may have a problem with my mods installed via JSGME. First, I installed TMO 2 and the upgrade to 2.2. I'm not seeing alot of the stuff talked about in the manual. No "battery room" no clickable deep dive guage, and certainly no TDC or radar range station in the conning tower of my Gato. I tried installing a map upgrade and the 3000 yard bearing plotter also. They are not showing up either. According to JSGME, they are installed. Can't fiqure it out. I'm running on XP. Any ideas? Thanks captains.

magic452
11-06-11, 12:44 AM
You might have a bad download of TMO or 2.2, try taking them out an make sure stock runs OK. than put TMO 2.0 in and run the game for a time, if all is well install 2.2 etc.

When you install 2.2 you should see a caution that it is overwriting TMO2.0
If you don't see this something is wrong.

You shouldn't have any problems with XP but install the game in a different folder than Programs Files.

Magic

Chicki
11-06-11, 01:04 AM
Hey, thanks for your reply. I think the problem is with JSGME. Somehow, I don't have it set up right or something. I am attaching a screenshot of the SH4 directory(i think). Should I see those mod folders there? Seems like all that stuff should be in the data folder. Hmmmmmmmm...strange. Driving me nuts man. TMO sounds great. Like to get it up. Thanks again.

Aww crud. Can't fiqure out how to attach my image. Anyway, I'm seeing a folder for each mod in the SH4 main directory. That sound right? Seems like it should be in the data folder.

kylania
11-06-11, 01:24 AM
See this post (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1309434&postcount=2) for help installing mods via JSGME. Of course use the SH4 folder instead of SH5 though. :)

Chicki
11-06-11, 01:38 AM
Yes, thanks. Stumbled across that post and followed it. The only thing I did not do is drag the mods in directly. I used the "Import Mods" function. Otherwise, followed it exactly. Have used JSGME before so kinda familiar with it. Hopefully, now attaching screenshot of SH4 directory. Should those mod folders be there? Thanks again.http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g438/Zebob/SH4dir.jpg

Chicki
11-06-11, 01:59 AM
Yeah, something is not right. I just uninstalled everything but TMO 2 and the 2.2 update. I still have the TMO_RSRD missions in the game. That's not right is it? Man, can't fiqure this out. When you dl a mod, you unzip it, and there's a folder inside. I notice there is another folder inside that one with the exact same name. Do you drag that subfolder in the mods window? According to the guide, you drag the folder you see when you unzip the mod. That right? Aaaargh! Getting confused and frustrated. Thanks guys.

Chicki
11-06-11, 02:29 AM
Hey captains, should also add that I'm using the SH4 GOLD install, if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Something seems definitely amiss with the JSGME installer.

magic452
11-06-11, 02:54 AM
I think I see your problem.

Put JSGME.exe into the SH4 main folder and run it. This will create a "MODS" folder and than you should unzip your mods to the desk top and than drag the mod folder you want to install to the "Mods" folder that JSGME created.

You might be able to just drag all the folders you already have into the "Mods" folder???? but you need to run the JSGME.exe first.

If you use JSGME for some other game you must make sure you're using the right one for each game. Rename the short cut JSGME SH4 or something like that.

Magic

Wreford-Brown
11-06-11, 03:05 AM
It looks to me like your JSGME isn't set up properly. Jaesen has a great user guide on his website: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/documentation/JSGMEUG.pdf

Try setting up JSGME from scratch and see what happens.

peabody
11-06-11, 03:52 AM
When you dl a mod, you unzip it, and there's a folder inside. I notice there is another folder inside that one with the exact same name. Do you drag that subfolder in the mods window?

If you have two folders with the same name, copy the second one to MODS folder. That is usually either a zip or unzip mistake.

If you open any mod the first folder you should see is "Data". So if you open TMO and see another TMO, use the second one. You should be able open the TMO folder and see "Data" when it is correct. That applies to all mods.

The first folder is simply the name of the mod. The next folder "Data" will start the exact same folder structure as the game itself. You can verify this by opening the mod, look inside the "Data" folder, it will contain folders set up exactly like they are in the game.

Looking at the posted picture, it is a bit difficult to read on my monitor, but everything should be inside the MOD folder except,

Data,
Resources,
Support
Registration Reminder
and all the individual files (.dll .act and so on)

All the other folders are MODS and belong inside the MODS folder.

Peabody

Chicki
11-06-11, 10:39 AM
Hey guys. Thanks to peabody, I fiqured it out. That was it. Grab the second folder. I did that and all mods installed great. Wow! Whatta difference. Heehee. Unbelievable. Anyway, back to game play frustration as i'm finding it crazy hard. Fun though. Thanks again guys. Great support system here.