PDA

View Full Version : War on CO2 - something goes more terribly wrong than even pessimists feareds

Skybird
11-04-11, 04:43 PM
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,795978,00.html

I assume the problem is the CO2 produced by those many headless planners at those many environment conferences when they made all their hot air. If they would not breath so heavily, things would be brighter. Not breathing at all would be best, especially regarding these political powerminds. Developing all those clever CO2 trading schemes and exchange stockmarkets for emission certificates, consumes a lot of calories and produces a lot of intellectually saturated exhaust gas. And then the noise from all that talking. I wish they would build mobile sound insulation walls around planners and politicians. That would be great for protecting the environment.

Serious. China and India built more coal powerplants than Europpe can save. I assume we must save even more CO2 in Germany in order to compensate for the growth in CO2 produced in the Far East. If we do so, they will follow our example, as we already found out in 2009 and 2008, and 2007, and...

One could not have forseen that these countries would not stop in their building of CO2 emitting plants and factories. I mean, really. One could not have known it in advance. How would that have been possible? With realism? What do you think!

Anyhow, we are in a rolelrcoaster, and we have leftg the starzting point on top. I can't see that we will stop the ride until its over. And once it is over in some distant time, we then can count who is still aboard.

But who cares. We have had a fanatstic Octiober over here, with plenty of sun and warmth, and the November again promises to be quite warm, at the Pole, people can expect fresh ice in their drinks, I read yesterday: ice the size of New York, that is breaking off a glacier or ice shield there. That is plenty of drinks - sounds like a hot party. Cheers!

TarJak
11-04-11, 09:04 PM
Indeed, if there is one thing that Marotzke is sure of, it is this: "The laws of nature will continue to function without remorse no matter what mankind does or allows."
Well there's your problem!

Madox58
11-04-11, 09:15 PM
I don't buy all the crap myself.
So a big Iceburg might break off.
You think this never happened before because we have no record?
We have no solid records of any thing like this maybe because.............
There was nobody looking,
They didn't have the stuff we have,
Nobody was near the area it happened back in the Stone Age that could
do a Cave painting.

You figure it out.
It's a fact changes in Nature happen and is traceable.
To sensationalize what may be natural things?
:hmmm:
That's on the News Media.

TarJak
11-04-11, 11:40 PM
do a Cave painting.

You figure it out.
That's on the News Media.:up: +1

magicstix
11-04-11, 11:53 PM
do a Cave painting.

You figure it out.
That's on the News Media.

Actually the funny thing about this one is that the scientists themselves said the calving they're tracking in Antarctica is a natural event, but nearly every article I read on the subject had the newswriter peppering it with their own little quips about Global Warming that had nothing to do with the subject of the article...