PDA

View Full Version : The Bismarck?

andwii
10-29-11, 12:26 AM
So im wondering, is it possible to save the bismarck in career mode? I saved it in the single mission, but Ive tried it 2 times to find the Bismarck, and I went to the spot where the single mission takes places, and still no contact with the taskforce or the Bismarck.

Fish In The Water
10-29-11, 04:01 AM
Sadly no. Even if you manage to sink the entire task force hunting her, (in a timely fashion just prior to the historical engagement), you still get the Bismarck has been lost message. That plus she's scripted to not appear anytime after the date of her actual sinking.

A shame that, as it would add a great deal to the game if the outcome could somehow be dynamic based on player action. :yep:

Sailor Steve
10-29-11, 06:31 AM
A shame that, as it would add a great deal to the game if the outcome could somehow be dynamic based on player action. :yep:
On the other hand, to be truly dynamic the routes of all the ships involved would have to be randomized, so the original encounter with Hood and the finding of Bismarck by KGV et al might or might not happen at the appointed place and time, so you wouldn't be able to just go there with knowledge aforehand.

Tricky, ain't it?

Fish In The Water
10-29-11, 06:34 AM
Never confuse me with the facts... :D

Sailor Steve
10-29-11, 06:35 AM
Why not? I'm already confused, and misery loves company...:O:

andwii
10-29-11, 10:49 AM
well that sucks, eh either way I stopped the whole engagement by sinking the hood a year prior, and then sinking the Rodney later on.