PDA

View Full Version : Q: Automated manouvering scripts?

Commander Mysenses
10-28-11, 02:19 AM
Is there an equivalent to Trevally's SH5 Auto Scripts (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174400) for SH4?
(automated search patterns etc)

magic452
10-28-11, 03:27 AM
I'm no modder but as far as I know either SH 4 doesn't support those types of scripts or the modders don't have access to them.
SH 5 has much more moddability built in.

Magic

Rockin Robbins
10-28-11, 09:58 AM
There is no evidence that real submariners had access to similar scripts either......:nope:

GreyBeard
10-28-11, 01:54 PM
I got a keyboard recently with a dozen macro keys on the left side of it that I have programmed to automate several things in SH4. One key is set just to surface. So let's say I'm at a depth of 90 feet and I command the boat to surface, it will go to periscope depth\ahead 2 thirds\tc 16\up scope\delay 3 seconds\radar depth\tc 32\delay 5 seconds\surface\down scope\weather report. If it can be done with the keyboard you can program the macro keys to do it. Last night I discovered I can set up a key to toggle a function off\on. Place a delay at the end of the last function and it will repeat over and over until I toggle it off. That means I could dive, take a sounding and surface every hour, two hours, 3 hours of game time, whatever I program, just by pressing one key. If I get a contact, either a ship while submerged or an aircraft while surfacing, I press the macro key again and toggle the function off. The boat stays where it is and I can take the appropriate action.

razark
10-28-11, 04:56 PM
So let's say I'm at a depth of 90 feet and I command the boat to surface, it will go to periscope depth\ahead 2 thirds\tc 16\up scope\delay 3 seconds\radar depth\tc 32\delay 5 seconds\surface\down scope\weather report.
If you detect a contact by scope/radar, can you abort the rest of the surfacing procedure?

Commander Mysenses
10-28-11, 06:16 PM
There is no evidence that real submariners had access to similar scripts either......:nope:
But they did have junior officers and the art of delegation! :hmmm:

GreyBeard
10-29-11, 08:47 AM
If you detect a contact by scope/radar, can you abort the rest of the surfacing procedure?

99.9% certain that the answer to that question is yes. I will test it thoroughly this weekend and report back.

GreyBeard
11-01-11, 07:29 AM
99.9% certain that the answer to that question is yes. I will test it thoroughly this weekend and report back.

And the answer is...............YES!

I programmed one macro key to dive to periscope depth\go to hydrophone screen\tc 8\all stop\run the phone around it's compass\ahead 2/3rds\up scope\radar depth\surface\down scope\weather report\tc 512 and it repeats that sequence every 2 hours until I tell it stop, either by toggling it off or aborting the sequence anytime. There were several times I received contact reports while submerged at the hydrophone screen and at least once when at radar depth I received a warning of an aircraft prior to surfacing. No problem. Abort the sequence and carry on. :yeah:

Hitman
11-02-11, 10:43 AM
I got a keyboard recently with a dozen macro keys on the left side of it that I have programmed to automate several things in SH4. One key is set just to surface. So let's say I'm at a depth of 90 feet and I command the boat to surface, it will go to periscope depth\ahead 2 thirds\tc 16\up scope\delay 3 seconds\radar depth\tc 32\delay 5 seconds\surface\down scope\weather report. If it can be done with the keyboard you can program the macro keys to do it. Last night I discovered I can set up a key to toggle a function off\on. Place a delay at the end of the last function and it will repeat over and over until I toggle it off. That means I could dive, take a sounding and surface every hour, two hours, 3 hours of game time, whatever I program, just by pressing one key. If I get a contact, either a ship while submerged or an aircraft while surfacing, I press the macro key again and toggle the function off. The boat stays where it is and I can take the appropriate action.

Is that a Logitecg G11/G15? I have a G11 but never got to program such complicated functions, only simplier ones. Can you share how you did it? :DL

GreyBeard
11-03-11, 07:57 AM
Is that a Logitecg G11/G15? I have a G11 but never got to program such complicated functions, only simplier ones. Can you share how you did it? :DL

I have a Logi G110. Make sure you have the box to add a time delay between key presses\functions checked. If I'm going to add time compression I like to start the sequence by tapping the backspace key to get the tc at 1 before adding anything else. To set the tc in any sequence just count how many times you have to press the + key on the numpad. Whats important to remember about time delays is that they are always set in real time, but affect game time when using time compression. For instance, I have a macro set to command a weather report while cruising at 512tc every three hours. This is very easy to do. It can be done on the fly or in the profiler. Press ctrl\press w\release w\release ctrl\pressf\release f, adjust time delays accordingly. Okay, so why press\release the f key? It allows me to set a time delay of 20.5 seconds at the end of the sequence which gives me approx 3 hours of game time at 512tc and it affects nothing else in the game. You can do it by delaying release of the ctrl key, but that might inadvertently affect something else. It's probably easiest to do a more complicated sequence on the fly while in the game. Just think of which keys you have to press\release to get each particular function. Don't worry about how long it takes to make the macro because you will go into the profiler and adjust the time delay for each key press. I just set up 2 macros to evade an aircraft contact. It goes something like this: crash dive\battle stations\tc2\full right rudder\rudder amidships\ahead 2/3rds\cancel battle stations\ahead 1/3rd\resume course\tc512. Adjust the time delays in the Logi profiler as necessary to assist in changing course about 20 degrees at 2tc and after submerging, or insert additional time delays. The other macro uses full left rudder. To abort a sequence in progress just press one of the other M keys and you can assign an M key to one of the G keys, if you prefer. :DL And that is, roughly, how I make an automated maneuver with the Logi G110. :salute:

Hitman
11-03-11, 10:28 AM
Copied and saved! Thanks for the explanation! :yeah: